Not in Town
Created to serve the growing market of food tourists who may otherwise never think of visiting northern Manitoba, RAW:churchill is a partnership of Frontiers North Adventures, the creators of the award-winning RAW:almond pop-up restaurant in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Parks Canada.
This year, to commemorate Canada's 150th birthday, three Canadian chefs; Chef Mandel Hitzer, Chef Emily Butcher and Chef Gus Stieffenhofer-Brandson have crafted a meal inspired by this Canadian milestone.
"Never before has a culinary experience like this been hosted in the Canadian subarctic," said John Gunter, President and CEO of Frontiers North Adventures. "At RAW:churchill, diners will enjoy a world-class meal underneath the northern lights on the exact same spot that the women and men of the Hudson's Bay Company would have more than 300 years ago, right within the walls of Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site."
Part of the adventure is for guests to embark upon an official Tundra Buggy® and travel across the frozen Churchill River to Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site. Once there, with protection from weather and wildlife by the Fort's 6.5 meter (21 feet) tall and 11 meter (36 feet) thick stone walls, guests experience fine cuisine and spirits in a heated transparent-roof 'pop-up' restaurant. Post-dinner, guests will complete their adventure with more northern lights viewing on the frozen Churchill River from the warmth and comfort of the Tundra Buggy.
"The structure relies on experimental design, informed by its location," said Joe Kalturnyk, Director, RAW Art + Architecture + Design. "With references to ancient seafaring vessels and dog sleds and using typical northern building materials, the RAW:churchill structure has been designed purposefully with a transparent roof to take advantage of the opportunity for guests to dine and enjoy the northern lights dancing overhead."
A few tickets still remain for adventure-seeking foodies. Visit www.raw-churchill.com for details or phone 204-949-2050. #rawchurchill
- Pride Toronto: The biggest LGBTQ party this June is in Toronto
- ZEE Jaipur Lit Fest to transform The British Library in London for the first time
- Etihad Airways launches '48 Hour Challenge' to promote Abu Dhabi stopovers
- Watch out for these upcoming artists
- Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover launch Springfit Mattresses Autograph Collection
- City of Joy keeps musical tryst with Indian classical maestros
- Chefs celebrate Canada's 150th at 58 degrees North Latitude
- Our jewellery is worn by Oscar celebrities: Sawansukha CEO
- Discover the 10 Must Have Accessories to Take While Traveling
- Calcutta Rowing Club & Santoor Ashram presents The Golden Trio
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.
Mumbai, May 4 (NITN): Commemorating its 24th anniversary, Jet Airways has announced special anniversary fares on both domestic and international sectors, an official release stated.
Kolkata, May 3 (NITN): A wicket down, a shot taken! India’s most loved cricket festival is here and Kolkata's Monkey Bar is playing the ‘Monkey Prediction League’.