Not In Town | @notintownlive | 27 Oct 2017
Entering GatorWorld Parks of Florida through the main gateway, visitors drive on a gravel roadway meandering through the park, providing views of the gators lounging in pools (behind protective fencing). The specially-constructed pools are surrounded by common areas for the gators to wander, simulating their natural environment.
At the end of the drive-through course, visitors can feed alligators from a raised platform, dangling specially designed poles over a swirling collection of young gators looking for a treat. This unique feeding opportunity combines the visual excitement of a live gator encounter with the experience of making contact with a member of one of nature’s oldest reptilian species.
“We’re thrilled to open this unique adventure park that we’ve specifically designed to showcase one of Florida’s unique wonders — that of seeing and engaging with alligators in a real-life setting,” explained GatorWorld Parks of Florida developer Don Buckner. “In addition to the entertainment aspect of our park, we’re proud to serve as a rescue and relocation facility for alligators.”
Other family-friendly activities at the park include safely holding a gator and exploring the petting zoo. From Elvis the goat to Biscuit the bunny, visitors can feed and interact with the petting zoo animals.
The entry fee for the drive-through park is $9 per adult, with various discounts for veterans, children and seniors.
Park hours are Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the winter and 7 p.m. in summer. GatorWorld Parks of Florida is closed Sundays.
GatorWorld Parks of Florida Inc. offers visitors of all ages unique opportunities to drive through a scenic trail and view alligators in their natural Florida habitat. Located in Sumter County, the 15-acre park opened in 2017 and is home to more than 400 alligators that have been rescued and relocated.
- Luxembourg: Europe's tiny nation and UNESCO heritage you must add to bucket list
- Chowman celebrates the season of lights and crackers with chinese food
- India Bistro’s Rannaghor Food Festival offers Bengali cuisine
- Chicago : Life of the Drama in City of Big Shoulders
- West Bengal Governor and city celebs play dhak to inaugurate Manicktala Chaltabagan `Dhak Utsav’
- Sunil Chhetri’s Bengaluru home is a testament to his sportsman’s spirit, says Asian Paints Where The Heart Is episode
- 12 restaurants of Kolkata that offer a diverse menu this Durga Puja
- Chowman woos foodies with Durga Puja menu
- Indian fast casual food joint Curry Up Now in Northern California completes 10 years
- Durga Puja: Places to visit in Kolkata
Sydney/NITN: India is currently the fastest growing inbound market for Tourism Australia with five consecutive years of double-digit growth. The 2020 arrivals goal of 300,000 Indian visitors was achieved in December 2017, three years ahead of target date.
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.