NTN | @notintownlive | 07 Nov 2019
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
With the sale starting from today, the one-way codeshare agreement between the two carriers will enable Qatar Airways to place its code on IndiGo flights between Doha and Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
This is the second codeshare agreement for IndiGo as part of its growth strategy for international markets. Qatar Airways will place its code “QR” on IndiGo operated flights between the mentioned destinations.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Akbar Al Baker said, “We are extremely proud to secure this strategic partnership with IndiGo, the largest airline in one of the world’s fastest growing aviation markets. We believe this agreement will be just the first step in strengthening our relationship and we very much look forward to working together to harness our complementary strengths and resources, to enhance the travel experience for our passengers around the world.”
IndiGo Chief Executive Officer, Ronojoy Dutta said, “This is a momentous occasion for us, as we sign this codeshare agreement with one of the finest airlines in the world. This strategic alliance will not only strengthen our international operations, but also boost economic growth in India, by bringing in more traffic and heralding opportunities for trade and tourism through seamless mobility. We are confident of a successful partnership, as we extend our signature on-time, courteous and hassle-free service experience to the passengers of Qatar Airways. These are exciting times for the aviation industry and it is our commitment to remain focused in building one of the best air transportation system in the world.”
Image Credit: Qatar Airways Twitter
- GoAir waives off date change fee due to Assam bandh
- Maldives Tourism Minister Ali Waheed inaugurates the season's 1st GoAir flight to Malé
- Alliance Air flags off flight from Guwahati to Dimapur to Imphal under UDAN-RC
- GoAir strengthens its domestic network, adds 22 new flights to the winter schedule
- Australia Calling: Buy your all-inclusive return fare for INR 40,000
- IndiGo, Qatar Airways announce Codeshare Agreement to strengthen connectivity between India and Qatar
- GoAir celebrates 14th anniversary with special fares
- Mumbai runway closure: EaseMyTrip offers customers free bus tickets
- Etihad inks deal with Cleveland Clinic to promote Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism
- IndiGo launches operations from Shirdi and Mysore
Guwahati/NITN: In view of the Assam Bandh which took place on Tuesday, GoAir is offering waiver on date change fees/rescheduling of tickets for travel to and from Guwahati with immediate effect for the day.
Mumbai/NITN: Maldives Tourism Minister Ali Waheed inaugurated this season’s first flight of Indian airline GoAir that recommenced its Malé operations from India with direct flights, five days a week from Mumbai, New Delhi and Bengaluru.
New Delhi/NITN: Alliance Air, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Air India, has flagged-off its first flight operations between the capital city of Assam, Guwahati to Dimapur, the largest city of Nagaland, to the capital city of Manipur, Imphal, making it the 236 route under the Regional Connectivity Scheme - UdeDeshKaAamNagrik, RCS-UDAN, under the Indian government.