01 May 2017
The transaction will be completed post customary closing conditions.
The multinational acquisition creates a strong global network that will transform the Thomas Cook India Group into a globally integrated travel services provider with the ability to leverage inherent synergies across its global travel portfolio.
The agreement includes premium brands with expert knowledge of their respective regions, including, “Asian Trails”, “Desert Adventures Tourism”, “Gulf Dunes”, “Private Safaris (East & South)”, “Allied TPro” as well as “Australian Tours Management” and extends across 17 countries- USA, Canada, South Africa, Kenya, Namibia, The United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Oman, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia and Australia, the company said in a statement.
Madhavan Menon, Chairman & Managing Director, Thomas Cook India Group said, “In keeping with the Fairfax strategic intent of fair and friendly acquisitions, our agreement to acquire Kuoni’s global network of Destination Management Specialists in 17 countries, provides us a significant expanded global footprint with enhanced presence in The Americas, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia- all favoured destinations for tourists and business travellers worldwide.”
He added, “This acquisition is a strong reiteration that the Thomas Cook India Group continues to invest and grow its travel businesses globally with a view to creating strong value for its customers.”
- Geneva to join Zurich as Etihad Airways' fifth European Dreamliner destination
- OYO customers can now choose to receive booking confirmation via WhatsApp
- Ed Sheeran conquers India's tinsel town Mumbai
- Polar Bears International honours conservation heroes with Ice Bear Award
- Marvel Superheroes come to Disneyland Paris in 2018 summer
- Hollywood, Bollywood partner to bring Indian entertainment to California
- Virgin Atlantic and Sleep Council reveal secret to good flight’s sleep
- Punta Gorda/Englewood beach's new visitor center now open
- IndiGo to touch 1000 flights per day milestone!
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa Alibaug upgrades its facilities
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.
Mumbai, Nov 8 (IBNS): Jet Airways - India’s full-service, premier international airline, on Wednesday announced exciting travel options for the Winter season by offering up to 30% savings on travel from India to high–demand destinations served by the airline’s international network. Guests looking to plan their winter getaways overseas can avail of these special fares when they book their travel between Nov 8–14, 2017.