01 May 2017
The transaction will be completed post customary closing conditions.
The multinational acquisition creates a strong global network that will transform the Thomas Cook India Group into a globally integrated travel services provider with the ability to leverage inherent synergies across its global travel portfolio.
The agreement includes premium brands with expert knowledge of their respective regions, including, “Asian Trails”, “Desert Adventures Tourism”, “Gulf Dunes”, “Private Safaris (East & South)”, “Allied TPro” as well as “Australian Tours Management” and extends across 17 countries- USA, Canada, South Africa, Kenya, Namibia, The United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Oman, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia and Australia, the company said in a statement.
Madhavan Menon, Chairman & Managing Director, Thomas Cook India Group said, “In keeping with the Fairfax strategic intent of fair and friendly acquisitions, our agreement to acquire Kuoni’s global network of Destination Management Specialists in 17 countries, provides us a significant expanded global footprint with enhanced presence in The Americas, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia- all favoured destinations for tourists and business travellers worldwide.”
He added, “This acquisition is a strong reiteration that the Thomas Cook India Group continues to invest and grow its travel businesses globally with a view to creating strong value for its customers.”
- Scotland celebrates Indian culture at new Purvai festival
- Enjoy NYC's open spaces during the Citi Summer Streets Festival in August
- Canada to celebrate Parks Day on Jul 15
- Tourism: 'Vengeful' China looking to inflict pain on South Korea
- India becomes top source market for Sri Lanka
- With non-stop long haul flight to Toronto, CSIA strengthens connectivity to North America
- Thai tourism minister launches Thailand International Film Destination Festival 2017
- Kolkata: Monkey Bar ready to enliven your Friday evening with music, meet Yes Doctor at inaugural event
- Tamil Nadu tops list of states with most foreign tourist arrivals in 2016, WB finish fifth: Union Ministry
- Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace secures India's first trademark registration for its iconic hotel building and dome
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.