01 May 2017
The transaction will be completed post customary closing conditions.
The multinational acquisition creates a strong global network that will transform the Thomas Cook India Group into a globally integrated travel services provider with the ability to leverage inherent synergies across its global travel portfolio.
The agreement includes premium brands with expert knowledge of their respective regions, including, “Asian Trails”, “Desert Adventures Tourism”, “Gulf Dunes”, “Private Safaris (East & South)”, “Allied TPro” as well as “Australian Tours Management” and extends across 17 countries- USA, Canada, South Africa, Kenya, Namibia, The United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Oman, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia and Australia, the company said in a statement.
Madhavan Menon, Chairman & Managing Director, Thomas Cook India Group said, “In keeping with the Fairfax strategic intent of fair and friendly acquisitions, our agreement to acquire Kuoni’s global network of Destination Management Specialists in 17 countries, provides us a significant expanded global footprint with enhanced presence in The Americas, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia- all favoured destinations for tourists and business travellers worldwide.”
He added, “This acquisition is a strong reiteration that the Thomas Cook India Group continues to invest and grow its travel businesses globally with a view to creating strong value for its customers.”
- It's service over money for Kerala hospitality service provider Sajan
- Japanese, Singaporean passports named the world's most powerful
- Sydney Harbour Bridge hosts first same-sex marriage in Australia
- Disney announces transformative multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris
- Uzbekistan gears up to promote pilgrimage tourism
- Disneyland Paris Unveils Plans for New Marvel-Themed Attraction
- Canada to launch border security app for fast moving of travelers
- Emergency in Maldives can deal body blow to its tourism industry
- Cathay Pacific partners with Pure Yoga to bring yoga to the sky
- Jet Airways announces special fares for Republic Day
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.