01 May 2017
The transaction will be completed post customary closing conditions.
The multinational acquisition creates a strong global network that will transform the Thomas Cook India Group into a globally integrated travel services provider with the ability to leverage inherent synergies across its global travel portfolio.
The agreement includes premium brands with expert knowledge of their respective regions, including, “Asian Trails”, “Desert Adventures Tourism”, “Gulf Dunes”, “Private Safaris (East & South)”, “Allied TPro” as well as “Australian Tours Management” and extends across 17 countries- USA, Canada, South Africa, Kenya, Namibia, The United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Oman, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia and Australia, the company said in a statement.
Madhavan Menon, Chairman & Managing Director, Thomas Cook India Group said, “In keeping with the Fairfax strategic intent of fair and friendly acquisitions, our agreement to acquire Kuoni’s global network of Destination Management Specialists in 17 countries, provides us a significant expanded global footprint with enhanced presence in The Americas, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia- all favoured destinations for tourists and business travellers worldwide.”
He added, “This acquisition is a strong reiteration that the Thomas Cook India Group continues to invest and grow its travel businesses globally with a view to creating strong value for its customers.”
- Scotland: Place to be in 2018
- The Peninsula Chicago celebrates The Year of The Dog
- Transport Canada suspends West Wind flights, cites public safety
- Catherine Zeta-Jones-Michael Douglas reveal their Taj Mahal love in India
- Hard Rock Cafe set to open eighth locations in Kolkata
- Music weds spirituality in Shree Cement Sacred Pushkar 2017
- Scotland woos India's Bollywood fans and set-jetters during 20th anniversary of Karan Johar classic
- GuestHouser partners with Indigo as exclusive supplier of holiday homes
- Lonely Planet places Kaohsiung, Taiwan as one of the 'Top 10 cities to visit in 2018!'
- GoAir expands operations at New Delhi
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.