01 May 2017
The temples located in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand remain closed during winter.
The other two temples are Kedarnath and Badrinath.
On Thursday, the inaugural procession for this pilgrimage season was flagged off by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, from Rishikesh.
According to media reports, President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi are likely to visit the Char Dham this year.
Image: Sanjeev/AIRPics Twitter
- Scotland celebrates Indian culture at new Purvai festival
- Enjoy NYC's open spaces during the Citi Summer Streets Festival in August
- Canada to celebrate Parks Day on Jul 15
- Tourism: 'Vengeful' China looking to inflict pain on South Korea
- India becomes top source market for Sri Lanka
- With non-stop long haul flight to Toronto, CSIA strengthens connectivity to North America
- Thai tourism minister launches Thailand International Film Destination Festival 2017
- Kolkata: Monkey Bar ready to enliven your Friday evening with music, meet Yes Doctor at inaugural event
- Tamil Nadu tops list of states with most foreign tourist arrivals in 2016, WB finish fifth: Union Ministry
- Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace secures India's first trademark registration for its iconic hotel building and dome
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.