NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Aug 2017
The mesmerising background of most of the dance sequences have been shot in Jordan.
Take the song ‘Pyar Ho’. According most of the cine-goers it was impossible to miss the red hued stone carved dwelling.
That is Petra, popularly known as the Rose City.
The delightful reddish hue of sandstone amidst the maze of huge stone caverns is what makes Petra look magnificent.
Described as a "rose-red city half as old as time" by poet John William Burgon, Petra in southern Jordan is a World Heritage Site and also made it to the Seven Wonders of the World list in 2000.
The Munna Michael song also reveals another captivating site from Jordan; the desert wilderness of Wadi Rum.
It features dramatic sandstone mountains with valleys that cut into the sandstone and granite rock faces offering vivid views and a landscape resembling that of Mars.
It is because of its unique topography that many shots depicting Mars in the recent Hollywood film "The Martian" were shot in Jordan.
So instead of pondering, it is time to put on your travelling shoes and head to Jordan, Soon you will know why directors around the globe are homing in on Jordan to locate their shots.
- It's service over money for Kerala hospitality service provider Sajan
- Japanese, Singaporean passports named the world's most powerful
- Sydney Harbour Bridge hosts first same-sex marriage in Australia
- Disney announces transformative multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris
- Uzbekistan gears up to promote pilgrimage tourism
- Disneyland Paris Unveils Plans for New Marvel-Themed Attraction
- Canada to launch border security app for fast moving of travelers
- Emergency in Maldives can deal body blow to its tourism industry
- Cathay Pacific partners with Pure Yoga to bring yoga to the sky
- Jet Airways announces special fares for Republic Day
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.