Not In Town | @notintownlive | 14 Nov 2017
This is the first MoU between the organizations, creating alignment between two of the largest entertainment entities in the world.
California and Mumbai represent the primary hubs of film production in their respective countries and share a rich history in the entertainment industry.
“We are excited to partner with the Producers Guild of India and to work together to bring more international star power to California,” said Caroline Beteta, Visit California president & CEO.
“The agreement is a way to showcase our state’s film production opportunities, increase mutual cultural understanding and inspire tourism from India to California.," Beteta added.
Siddharth Roy Kapur, eminent Indian film producer and President of the Producers Guild of India said: “This memorandum is an important step for the Indian film industry as we will now have access to a structured framework to facilitate the process of filming at various Californian locations."
The MoU outlines cooperation on exchange visits to promote understanding of each market, assistance in securing agreements and arrangements for Indian filming productions from local agencies and organizations.
Visit California is a nonprofit organization with a mission to develop and maintain marketing programs – in partnership with the state’s travel industry – that keep California top-of-mind as a premier travel destination.
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Uzbekistan wins National Geographic Traveler Awards
- International meet in Greece on silk route tourism
- Watch a movie at a morgue in Vancouver
- Emirates starts Dubai-Edinburgh flight
- Dubrovnik in Croatia reels from tourist deluge
- Town declares itself Scotland’s Chilli Capital
- Reeling under overtourism, Venice considers new restrictions on visitors
- Army and air force evacuate tourists, others from landslide-hit SIkkim
- Kerala optimistic with tourist arrival from Australia
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.