Not In Town | @notintownlive | 20 Nov 2017
OYO enables users to book hotels across 230 cities in India, Malaysia and Nepal.
The company said that travellers booking an OYO will now have the choice to receive their booking confirmations along with cancellation and navigation details for locating a hotel via WhatsApp.
Once a booking is created, the integration will allow OYO to send a confirmation message through WhatsApp.
Customers will receive the message through OYO’s verified profile to ensure reliability.
In case of connectivity issues, OYO will further notify the guests through SMS.
Users who do not use WhatsApp will receive notifications through SMS and email.
In order to ensure privacy and security for guests, the company said that it will only send relevant information about a guest’s stay through WhatsApp.
Guests will also receive directions for locating their hotel on the day of the check-in and notification in case a booking is cancelled.
Commenting on the development, Anil Goel, CTO - OYO, said, “Technology has been the biggest driver for OYO to create value in India’s hospitality industry and also the experience we offer to our guests. Since OYO’s inception, we have built first-in-industry tech solutions - such as OYO consumer app, Krypton and the Owner app for our hotel partners. With the latest WhatsApp integration, we will make the post-booking experience hassle-free for our guests. They can now easily access their booking details via WhatsApp, which enjoys a huge reach in India with over 200 million active users. It’s fast, secure and hassle-free — exactly how the OYO experience is.”
OYO was recently chosen as India’s Most Promising Hotel Network (HolidayIQ Better Holiday Awards 2017). It was also recognized by Business Today as among the Coolest Startups in India (2016) and ranked by LinkedIn as one of the top employee attractors in India two years in a row (2016 and 2017).
OYO is backed by leading investors, including the SoftBank Group, Greenoak Capital, Sequoia India, Lightspeed India, Hero Enterprise and China Lodging Group.
- Scotland woos India's Bollywood fans and set-jetters during 20th anniversary of Karan Johar classic
- GuestHouser partners with Indigo as exclusive supplier of holiday homes
- Lonely Planet places Kaohsiung, Taiwan as one of the 'Top 10 cities to visit in 2018!'
- GoAir expands operations at New Delhi
- OYO customers can now choose to receive booking confirmation via WhatsApp
- Geneva to join Zurich as Etihad Airways' fifth European Dreamliner destination
- Emirates celebrates 10 years of connecting Ahmedabad to the world
- GoAir expands operations at Hyderabad
- Ed Sheeran conquers India's tinsel town Mumbai
- Polar Bears International honours conservation heroes with Ice Bear Award
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.