Not In Town | @notintownlive | 20 Nov 2017
OYO enables users to book hotels across 230 cities in India, Malaysia and Nepal.
The company said that travellers booking an OYO will now have the choice to receive their booking confirmations along with cancellation and navigation details for locating a hotel via WhatsApp.
Once a booking is created, the integration will allow OYO to send a confirmation message through WhatsApp.
Customers will receive the message through OYO’s verified profile to ensure reliability.
In case of connectivity issues, OYO will further notify the guests through SMS.
Users who do not use WhatsApp will receive notifications through SMS and email.
In order to ensure privacy and security for guests, the company said that it will only send relevant information about a guest’s stay through WhatsApp.
Guests will also receive directions for locating their hotel on the day of the check-in and notification in case a booking is cancelled.
Commenting on the development, Anil Goel, CTO - OYO, said, “Technology has been the biggest driver for OYO to create value in India’s hospitality industry and also the experience we offer to our guests. Since OYO’s inception, we have built first-in-industry tech solutions - such as OYO consumer app, Krypton and the Owner app for our hotel partners. With the latest WhatsApp integration, we will make the post-booking experience hassle-free for our guests. They can now easily access their booking details via WhatsApp, which enjoys a huge reach in India with over 200 million active users. It’s fast, secure and hassle-free — exactly how the OYO experience is.”
OYO was recently chosen as India’s Most Promising Hotel Network (HolidayIQ Better Holiday Awards 2017). It was also recognized by Business Today as among the Coolest Startups in India (2016) and ranked by LinkedIn as one of the top employee attractors in India two years in a row (2016 and 2017).
OYO is backed by leading investors, including the SoftBank Group, Greenoak Capital, Sequoia India, Lightspeed India, Hero Enterprise and China Lodging Group.
- Passengers demand the best of experiences, reveals Turkish Airlines Aviation Trends India Survey
- Mount Agung in Bali active again, airports shut
- USTOA members embrace solo travellers with new Itineraries, savings and much more
- Ocean Park Hong Kong’s summer celebrations to begin on June 30.
- Be inspired by Lisbon to live your life today
- Uzbekistan will develop free tourist zone (FTZ) Charvak
- Jazeera Airways commences direct flight between Mumbai and Kuwait
- Priya Entertainments and Sikkim government collaborate to develop tea-tourism in Temi
- Australia showcases tourism treasures in Adelaide
- Jet Airways to celebrate King's Day in Amsterdam, announces new offers
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.