Not In Town | @notintownlive | 23 Dec 2017
Ottawa, Dec 23 (NITN): Citing public safety, Transport Canada suspended all West Wind flights after one of its planes crashed in Fond-du-Lac. Sask.., recently, media reports said.
In the crash on Dec 13, around 25 on board received injuries, including some serious ones, though no one died.
Following the suspension, all flights are grounded.
Transport Canada said the Air Operator Certificate of the company has been suspended after it found that airline has deficiencies in company's Operational Control System.
Transport Canada had earlier ruled out any engine failure as the cause of the crash but the cause is still unknown.
West Wind said they have voluntarily stopped all operations in the last 10 days.
The company was quoted by CBC News: "We are working diligently to resolve any issues, with the aim of restarting operations as soon as possible."
Transport Canada said it will monitor the actions taken by West Wind Aviations as it is eager to abide by the safety regulations.
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
- Indian tourists make use of Thailand visa fee waiver
- Scotland lures Indian tourists with Bollywood & more
- Beverly Hills awarded most prestigious Luxury Destination of the Year in USA
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).