Not In Town | @notintownlive | 13 Feb 2018
Ottawa, Feb 13 (NITN): Canada will launch its new border security app to allow its citizens to cross borders with ease simply by filing personal details, media reports said.
The app which can be downloaded on mobile phones needs filing of personal details for fast moving across borders.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity will require details including university education, bank statements and vaccination records.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity, the programme, is a joint venture by Canada and Netherlands.
The programme is expected to roll out globally by 2020.
The travelers will require to appear for screening, which Border Expert Bill Anderson wants that to be way before the trip date.
The programme will require biometric details too like retina and facial recognition for faster identification.
Head of the Cross-Border Institute at the University of Windsor was quoted by CBC News saying, "The prevailing paradigm in border management is that we need to have risk assessment, and we need to identify those people who are very, very low risk so that you can focus your resources on the ones that you haven't identified as low risk".
The programme will be developed by technology company Accenture.
Accenture has stated the personal details of the users will be kept secured. Data privacy will be maintained, the company said.
In a statement to CBC News, Accenture said: "No personal information is stored on the ledger itself, ensuring that personal information is not consolidated in one system, which would make it a high value target for subversion."
The upcoming project was announced at the World Economic Forum last month. The WEF was held in Davos, Switzerland this year.
- 2018 was a landmark year for Indian Arrivals to Jordan
- Reception of India-Japan Tourism Council meeting celebrates success
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
- Etihad Airways to introduce Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Barcelona
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).