NITN | @notintownlive | 16 Sep 2018
Jakarta, Sep 16 (IBNS/NITN): A marathon will be held to revive tourism in the Lombok island of Indonesia, which experienced a series of earthquakes recently, Xinhua reported.
Indonesia's sports minister Imam Nahravi said at least 2,000 runners would take part in the event, named Mekaki Marathon.
"The event is expected to restore international trust on tourism in Lombok," the minister said.
The October 28 marathon would start from the Mekaki beach in southern Lombok, which is unaffected by the earthquake.
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
- Indian tourists make use of Thailand visa fee waiver
- Scotland lures Indian tourists with Bollywood & more
- Beverly Hills awarded most prestigious Luxury Destination of the Year in USA
- Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts announces special packages
- Gül Baba tomb in Budapest attracts thousands
- The Sharjah Light Festival woos tourists for 2019
- Experience the wonderful Winter Village in Oman
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).