NITN | @notintownlive | 16 Sep 2018
Jakarta, Sep 16 (IBNS/NITN): A marathon will be held to revive tourism in the Lombok island of Indonesia, which experienced a series of earthquakes recently, Xinhua reported.
Indonesia's sports minister Imam Nahravi said at least 2,000 runners would take part in the event, named Mekaki Marathon.
"The event is expected to restore international trust on tourism in Lombok," the minister said.
The October 28 marathon would start from the Mekaki beach in southern Lombok, which is unaffected by the earthquake.
- Cox & Kings expects travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon
- Uzbekistan amends rules for residence permit for foreigners and for guide services
- Khiva to become capital of Turkic world in 2020
- Monkey Bar promises to have the best cure for Blue Fever during ICC World Cup Cricket
- Savor the grandeur of rich flavors of Mappila cuisine curated by none other than Ummi Abdulla
- Istanbul and Antalya amongst the top 25 cities in the world’s best Instagrammable hotspot
- Antarctic Cruise season 2020-2021 to be promising for Canadian Expedition Cruise specialist
- SriLankan Airlines thanks India for reviewing travel advisory
- Sri Lankan national carrier shares the spirit of Vesak with passengers at BIA
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.