NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Sep 2018
Gangtok, Sep 17 (IBNS/NITN): Indian Army and Indian Air Force airlifted to safety around 100 people, including several tourists, stranded in north Sikkim because of incessant rain and landslides, reports said.
"The police department has evacuated all the stranded tourists from Mangan town and temporary bridges has been built by the forest department," said a government statement.
"The (North Sikkim) district administration is carrying out a detailed assessment of the damages and aiming to restore normalcy as soon as possible. The men and machines of Border Roads Organization has been engaged to restore road connectivity for Mangan and Chungthang."
#SavingLives :Due to floods & landslides in Sikkim, road network is badly damaged. Request from army & civil admin received to airlift stranded people from Chungtang, Chhaten, Kalimpong & Mangan to Gangtok.— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) September 16, 2018
IAF Mi17 airlifted a total of 15.5T load &128 pax (88Army & 40civilians). pic.twitter.com/iZc44jFQKz
The statement said the food stock in the district was adequate and the authorities were keeping a strict watch on the stock on essential commodities in the affected area.
- Cox & Kings expects travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon
- Uzbekistan amends rules for residence permit for foreigners and for guide services
- Khiva to become capital of Turkic world in 2020
- Monkey Bar promises to have the best cure for Blue Fever during ICC World Cup Cricket
- Savor the grandeur of rich flavors of Mappila cuisine curated by none other than Ummi Abdulla
- Istanbul and Antalya amongst the top 25 cities in the world’s best Instagrammable hotspot
- Antarctic Cruise season 2020-2021 to be promising for Canadian Expedition Cruise specialist
- SriLankan Airlines thanks India for reviewing travel advisory
- Sri Lankan national carrier shares the spirit of Vesak with passengers at BIA
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.