NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Sep 2018
Gangtok, Sep 17 (IBNS/NITN): Indian Army and Indian Air Force airlifted to safety around 100 people, including several tourists, stranded in north Sikkim because of incessant rain and landslides, reports said.
"The police department has evacuated all the stranded tourists from Mangan town and temporary bridges has been built by the forest department," said a government statement.
"The (North Sikkim) district administration is carrying out a detailed assessment of the damages and aiming to restore normalcy as soon as possible. The men and machines of Border Roads Organization has been engaged to restore road connectivity for Mangan and Chungthang."
#SavingLives :Due to floods & landslides in Sikkim, road network is badly damaged. Request from army & civil admin received to airlift stranded people from Chungtang, Chhaten, Kalimpong & Mangan to Gangtok.— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) September 16, 2018
IAF Mi17 airlifted a total of 15.5T load &128 pax (88Army & 40civilians). pic.twitter.com/iZc44jFQKz
The statement said the food stock in the district was adequate and the authorities were keeping a strict watch on the stock on essential commodities in the affected area.
- Emirates becomes partner and airline for West Asian Football Federation Championship
- Non-stop Rain Room at Sharjah Art Foundation
- Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority conducts multi-city educational seminars in India
- Lufthansa to provide service for unaccompanied children on air
- Emirates to launch daily services from Dubai to Mexico City via Barcelona
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
- Etihad Airways introduces larger aircraft to accommodate growth of three key Asian routes
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.