NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Sep 2018
Gangtok, Sep 17 (IBNS/NITN): Indian Army and Indian Air Force airlifted to safety around 100 people, including several tourists, stranded in north Sikkim because of incessant rain and landslides, reports said.
"The police department has evacuated all the stranded tourists from Mangan town and temporary bridges has been built by the forest department," said a government statement.
"The (North Sikkim) district administration is carrying out a detailed assessment of the damages and aiming to restore normalcy as soon as possible. The men and machines of Border Roads Organization has been engaged to restore road connectivity for Mangan and Chungthang."
#SavingLives :Due to floods & landslides in Sikkim, road network is badly damaged. Request from army & civil admin received to airlift stranded people from Chungtang, Chhaten, Kalimpong & Mangan to Gangtok.— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) September 16, 2018
IAF Mi17 airlifted a total of 15.5T load &128 pax (88Army & 40civilians). pic.twitter.com/iZc44jFQKz
The statement said the food stock in the district was adequate and the authorities were keeping a strict watch on the stock on essential commodities in the affected area.
- Conde Nast Traveler names Chicago best large city to visit for third consecutive year
- EaseMyTrip join hands with Malaysia Tourism to promote destination
- AirAsia wins Grand Sweepstakes Award 2019 in Honolulu
- Mumbai Airport runway closure: EaseMyTrip brings solution for its customers
- Travel giant Vivek Travels celebrates 50 years on the move
- Cinnamon to spearhead destination marketing in Sri Lanka
- Russian destination Sochi woos Indian travellers, appoints Linkin Rep for marketing
- Dubai set to host live performances, shows, concerts
- Travel & Tourism Fair flags-off busy Diwali and winter holiday travel season
- Thailand rated as the number one International destination from India
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip, one of the players in the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is offering packages at Rs. 11,060.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip is offering discount on travel fares on festival Diwali.
New Delhi: Taking a step further towards strengthening its presence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Indian airline IndiGo on Saturday commenced operations to Riyadh.