NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Oct 2018
Dubrovnik, Sep 23 (IBNS/NITN): This old Croatian town is bursting at its seams with swarms of tourists visiting the place every day to see the shooting locations of popular TV series Game of Thrones.
Several cruise ships anchor at the Unesco World Heritage Site on a daily basis and empty thousands of tourists on the streets of the town of 2,500 residents.
“It’s like living in the middle of Disneyland,” AP quotes a town resident.
“We feel sorry for ourselves, but also for them (the tourists) because they can’t feel the town anymore because they are knocking into other tourists.”
Swagata Basu from India, who visited the town earlier this month with her Game of Thrones fan friend, said: "Dubrovnik is amazingly beautiful. I just wish there were less people jostling around."
So, just in case you are a Game of Thrones fan planning a visit to Dubrovnik, be aware that the reality might very well not match the King's Landing in your head.
- Club Med showcases Amazing Family program for family holiday memories
- Catch the Mango Matinee at The Fatty Bao Kolkata
- Raise a dram to Scotland on World Whisky Day on May 18
- Israel Ministry of Tourism hosts a women’s special group of Indian travel agents to Israel
- Air Asia to introduce Kolkata-Chennai direct flight
- Etihad Airways increases frequencies to London Hethrow for busy summer season
- SpiceJet introduces Business Class on select flights
- Add variety to your Mother's Day celebration by taking her to these three restaurants
- Keep cool with Yauatcha's summer special offer in May
- Beat the Kolkata summer with a fruity break at the JW Lounge
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.