NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Oct 2018
Dubrovnik, Sep 23 (IBNS/NITN): This old Croatian town is bursting at its seams with swarms of tourists visiting the place every day to see the shooting locations of popular TV series Game of Thrones.
Several cruise ships anchor at the Unesco World Heritage Site on a daily basis and empty thousands of tourists on the streets of the town of 2,500 residents.
“It’s like living in the middle of Disneyland,” AP quotes a town resident.
“We feel sorry for ourselves, but also for them (the tourists) because they can’t feel the town anymore because they are knocking into other tourists.”
Swagata Basu from India, who visited the town earlier this month with her Game of Thrones fan friend, said: "Dubrovnik is amazingly beautiful. I just wish there were less people jostling around."
So, just in case you are a Game of Thrones fan planning a visit to Dubrovnik, be aware that the reality might very well not match the King's Landing in your head.
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Uzbekistan wins National Geographic Traveler Awards
- International meet in Greece on silk route tourism
- Watch a movie at a morgue in Vancouver
- Emirates starts Dubai-Edinburgh flight
- Dubrovnik in Croatia reels from tourist deluge
- Town declares itself Scotland’s Chilli Capital
- Reeling under overtourism, Venice considers new restrictions on visitors
- Army and air force evacuate tourists, others from landslide-hit SIkkim
- Kerala optimistic with tourist arrival from Australia
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.