NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Oct 2018
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IBNS) Uzbekistan Airways is set to launch its Mumbai-Tashkent direct flight. This makes Mumbai the third destination on its route network from India, others being Delhi and Amritsar.
The airline will operate thrice-a-week flight from Mumbai which will start towards the end of this month.
Speaking on the occasion in Mumbai, Farhod Arziev, Ambassador to India, Republic of Uzbekistan, said that the new flight from Mumbai to
Tashkent clearly indicates that people to people contact between the countries are expanding. “Establishing new connectivity is important
for the expansion of tourism,” the Ambassador said.
He also said that for Uzbekistan, India is an important partner in tourism.
Justifying the new connectivity, Arziev said that the trend is lot of people from India want to travel abroad and “we have to take advantage of this
opportunity.” “Our relation with India is very strong which dates back to centuries,” he said.
Speaking to TravelBiz Monitor, Azimkhon Khodjaev, Head of Marketing and Network Planning, Commercial Department, Uzbekistan
Airways, said that Mumbai is one of the most prominent cultural and business centres of India.
“That is why it is a very attractive city for us,” he said. Uzbekistan Airways has a variety of aircraft in its fleet. “We have Airbus 320, Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Boeing 787 Dreamliners. We will start our operation from Mumbai with Airbus 320 but if we see the load factor is satisfactory then we may introduce
Boeing 787 Dreamliner. But it solely depends on load factor,” Khodjaev revealed.
On selecting Mumbai as their next stop in India, Khodjaev said, “We have carried out an intensive research with the help of Mumbai Airport and realised that there lies a huge potential here in Mumbai.”
Uzbekistan Airways is already operating five times a week flight from Delhi and three times a week to Amritsar.
Charu Makin, Director, Delmos Aviation Pvt Ltd, GSA For Uzbekistan Airways in India, while seeking support from the travel trade said,
“The idea to connect Mumbai with Tashkent is to increase point to point tourism capacity.”
- India is fastest growing market for Australia tourism, says top official at 40 Years of Aussie Travel Trade Fair
- Notre-Dame fire in Paris under control but a rich history in the ashes
- Sabyasachi shoots first ever destination wedding collection in Seychelles
- Wow Air ceases operations, thousands left in lurch
- Qatar Visa Center inaugurated in Mumbai
- Uzbekistan showcases Namangan at travel fair in Mumbai
- The historical Fergana region of Uzbekistan gets ready for tourism boom
- Uzbekistan developing historic site of Akhsikent into a global tourism attraction
- Women's Day: Vistara becomes first Indian airline to provide sanitary pads onboard domestic flights
- India becomes 2nd highest source market for tourism to the Sultanate of Oman
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.