NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Nov 2018
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Nov 6 (NITN): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, on Tuesday said it is introducing Economy Space, a new seating option across its wide-body fleet, to enhance its product offering and to provide more choice to its customers on longer flights.
By December 2018, Etihad Airways will have retrofitted its 10 Airbus A380s with Economy Space seats, which feature an increased seat pitch of up to 36 inches. The redesign increases the number of extra legroom seats in Economy from 20 to 80 on this aircraft type.
Jamal Ahmed Al Awadhi, Etihad Airways Head of Guest Experience, said: “We recognise that no two travellers are alike, and today’s customers demand more choice and personalisation during their travels.
In response to the popularity and demand for extra legroom seats, we have reconfigured our Economy cabin to allow travellers to enhance their overall travel experience.”
In addition to modifying its A380s, Etihad Airways will have also added additional Economy Space seats to 12 Boeing 777s and 21 Boeing 787 Dreamliners by the end of 2019, increasing the total number of extra legroom seats by 560 per cent.
“While many airlines have been squeezing more seats into economy class, we continue to focus on providing our guests with exceptional products and services that meet and exceed the demands and budgets of different types of travellers,” adds Mr. Al Awadhi.
Families with small children, elderly travellers and those requiring wheelchair assistance can now purchase and benefit from the extra available room available in Economy Space.
Economy Space complements Etihad Airways’ existing ancillary products to provide customers with greater opportunities to personalise their journey, including the Neighbour-free seating option in Economy and a range of ‘buy-on-board’ products.
Irrespective of which seating option is selected, customers will continue to receive the Etihad’s complimentary core dining service and inflight entertainment.
- Emirates becomes partner and airline for West Asian Football Federation Championship
- Non-stop Rain Room at Sharjah Art Foundation
- Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority conducts multi-city educational seminars in India
- Lufthansa to provide service for unaccompanied children on air
- Emirates to launch daily services from Dubai to Mexico City via Barcelona
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
- Etihad Airways introduces larger aircraft to accommodate growth of three key Asian routes
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.