NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Nov 2018
New Delhi, Nov 13 (IBNS) According to Uzbekistan's department for tourism development of Samarkand region, over the past period this year, 1 million 560 thousand local and more than 239 thousand foreign tourists visited Samarkand.
An analysis of the geography of foreign tourists showed that 9.4 thousand tourists from South Korea visited the city, 8.3 thousand came from Japan, 6.3 thousand from France, from Germany – 5.5 thousand, from Italy – 5.4 thousand, from Spain – 4.5 thousand, and 3.9 thousand from Turkey.
The majority of foreign tourists are citizens of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries – 76.3 thousand people, from Central Asian countries – 49.6 thousand people.
Uzbekistan attracts Malaysia and Indonesia with its pilgrimage tourism. 1.6 thousand Malaysians and 1.7 thousand Indonesians visited Uzbekistan this year.
On the other end of the world, there are also those who want to see Samarkand. Therefore, this year 800 pilgrims from Brazil and Australia visited the city, and more than 1000 tourists from Canada came to Uzbekistan to see the unique architectural monuments and enjoy the nature of the country.
- Etihad Airways to increase flights from Abu Dhabi to London during April
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
- Expedition cruise specialist One Ocean Expeditions (OOE) offers beyond tourism experience for travellers
- Japan Airlines announces nonstop service to Bengaluru
- 2018 was a landmark year for Indian Arrivals to Jordan
- Reception of India-Japan Tourism Council meeting celebrates success
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.