NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Nov 2018
Budapest, Nov 17 (IBNS/NITN): The recently-renovated Tomb of Gül Baba in Budapest is attracting a large number of visitors since its opening a little more than a month ago.
Thousands of tourists have visited the tomb of the Turkish dervish, who died in 1541 in Buda, the western side of the Danube River in Budapest, Hürriyet Daily News reported. His octagonal tomb was built between 1543 and 1548 in Rozsadomb (Rose Hill) on the Buda side of Budapest.
Gül Baba, Father of Roses, came to Hungary during the Turkish invasion, led by Suleiman I in the 16th century. Later, he was honoured as a holy man.
The tomb has undergone many restorations through he years. As part of an agreement between Turkey and Hungary in 2015, a comprehensive restoration project was initiated on Sept. 6, 2016, the report added.
A cultural centre and rose gardens are also present on the premises.
- Club Med showcases Amazing Family program for family holiday memories
- Catch the Mango Matinee at The Fatty Bao Kolkata
- Raise a dram to Scotland on World Whisky Day on May 18
- Israel Ministry of Tourism hosts a women’s special group of Indian travel agents to Israel
- Air Asia to introduce Kolkata-Chennai direct flight
- Etihad Airways increases frequencies to London Hethrow for busy summer season
- SpiceJet introduces Business Class on select flights
- Add variety to your Mother's Day celebration by taking her to these three restaurants
- Keep cool with Yauatcha's summer special offer in May
- Beat the Kolkata summer with a fruity break at the JW Lounge
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.