NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Nov 2018
Budapest, Nov 17 (IBNS/NITN): The recently-renovated Tomb of Gül Baba in Budapest is attracting a large number of visitors since its opening a little more than a month ago.
Thousands of tourists have visited the tomb of the Turkish dervish, who died in 1541 in Buda, the western side of the Danube River in Budapest, Hürriyet Daily News reported. His octagonal tomb was built between 1543 and 1548 in Rozsadomb (Rose Hill) on the Buda side of Budapest.
Gül Baba, Father of Roses, came to Hungary during the Turkish invasion, led by Suleiman I in the 16th century. Later, he was honoured as a holy man.
The tomb has undergone many restorations through he years. As part of an agreement between Turkey and Hungary in 2015, a comprehensive restoration project was initiated on Sept. 6, 2016, the report added.
A cultural centre and rose gardens are also present on the premises.
- Etihad Airways to increase flights from Abu Dhabi to London during April
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
- Expedition cruise specialist One Ocean Expeditions (OOE) offers beyond tourism experience for travellers
- Japan Airlines announces nonstop service to Bengaluru
- 2018 was a landmark year for Indian Arrivals to Jordan
- Reception of India-Japan Tourism Council meeting celebrates success
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.