NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Dec 2018
Bangkok, Nov 30 (IBNS/NITN): A large number of Indian tourists are making plans to visit Thailand now with the country making visa on arrival free for the citizens of several countries, including India, from November 15, 2018 to January 13, 2019.
It normally costs THB2,000 (approximately INR4,300) for Indian citizens to get a visa on arrival.
The move by the Thai authorities came with the intention to increase tourist inflow. Inspired by the results of this visa waiver, tour operators in Thailand have appealed to the government to extend to visa fee waiver till April to attract more tourists for the festival of Songkran, Bangkok Post reported.
"I did not have plans to visit Thailand this winter. But saving around INR4,300 a person brings down travel costs considerably," said a tourist, who has booked tickets for December 26.
- Etihad Airways to increase flights from Abu Dhabi to London during April
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
- Expedition cruise specialist One Ocean Expeditions (OOE) offers beyond tourism experience for travellers
- Japan Airlines announces nonstop service to Bengaluru
- 2018 was a landmark year for Indian Arrivals to Jordan
- Reception of India-Japan Tourism Council meeting celebrates success
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.