NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Dec 2018
Perth Airport has introduced sleeping pods at its T1 zone, making it the first airport in Australia with this facility for travellers.
The airport has installed eight pods in collaboration with Smarte Carte and Finnish company GoSleep.
According to Perth Airport CEO Kevin Brown, the pods would be perfect for passengers who either arrived early or had some time between connecting flights, as they connected their flights in different ways, many with a short stopover.
“These sleeping pods provide them and the broader travelling public with a place to relax in comfort. It’s part of our commitment to deliver an efficient and modern airport that provides the level of service and facilities that Western Australia deserves,” Brown said.
GoSleep Pod is a specially designed chair similar to a business class flatbed, with secure hand luggage storage under the seat. It has a breathable and moveable shade which creates a private place for relaxation. The pods are equipped with USB and GPO plugs for charging phones or laptops. They also offer pillows, blankets, and suitcase storage to passengers.
The sleeping pods can be booked by the hour, starting at AUD12 an hour.
Smarte Carte General Manager Sam Khalil said, “we believe these products will further enhance the passenger experience at Perth Airport by providing a comfortable resting facility in a cost-effective manner.”
GoSleep CEO Jussi Piispanen said that their sleeping pods can be found in 15 international airports worldwide, and are a great help for tired passengers. “We are very excited to be in Australia and we hope to be part of many trips that start and end at Perth Airport,” he added.
Picture Source: Perth Airport Facebook page
- Cox & Kings expects travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon
- Uzbekistan amends rules for residence permit for foreigners and for guide services
- Khiva to become capital of Turkic world in 2020
- Monkey Bar promises to have the best cure for Blue Fever during ICC World Cup Cricket
- Savor the grandeur of rich flavors of Mappila cuisine curated by none other than Ummi Abdulla
- Istanbul and Antalya amongst the top 25 cities in the world’s best Instagrammable hotspot
- Antarctic Cruise season 2020-2021 to be promising for Canadian Expedition Cruise specialist
- SriLankan Airlines thanks India for reviewing travel advisory
- Sri Lankan national carrier shares the spirit of Vesak with passengers at BIA
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.