NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Dec 2018
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates : Etihad Airways will introduce the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner on its scheduled services from Abu Dhabi to Barcelona, effective from Feb 22, 2019, replacing the Airbus A330-200 currently operating the recently launched route.
The deployment of the larger 787 Dreamliner to Barcelona has been timed to coincide with the Mobile World Conference taking place in the city from 25-28 February, during which Etihad Airways will provide daily flights. The airline will increase frequency to a permanent daily operation from 31 March.
The service will feature Etihad Airways’ next-generation Business and Economy cabins, configured with 299 seats - 28 Business Studios and 271 Economy Smart Seats - a capacity increase of six seats in Business and 31 in Economy in each direction, and an increase in belly-hold cargo capacity of four tonnes.
Robin Kamark, Etihad Aviation Group Chief Commercial Officer, said: “We are delighted to now include Barcelona to our growing list of Dreamliner destinations. We launched flights to the city just last month and forward passenger and cargo demand on the route from Abu Dhabi, and beyond, has encouraged us to accelerate the deployment of the larger 787 on this popular service.
“Together with Madrid, also operated by the 787-9 Dreamliner, the move will guarantee product consistency and more convenient travel options for our customers travelling to and from Spain, ensuring they experience the quietest cabins and our latest in-flight products and innovations.”
Etihad Airways’ Boeing 787-9 aircraft feature innovative, award-winning cabin designs and products, complemented by the airline’s acclaimed service and hospitality offering. Flights include Food and Beverage Managers in Business Class and a Flying Nanny in Economy Class to provide extra specialised care for families with young children.
Etihad Airways provides business and leisure travellers with convenient timings between Abu Dhabi and Barcelona, and seamless onward connections through Abu Dhabi to major cities in the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, China, Japan, and Australia.
Etihad Airways operates an extensive codeshare partnership with Air Europa (UX) allowing guests a seamless transfer with the Spanish airline’s services between Barcelona and Madrid. Etihad also codeshares with Air Europa beyond Madrid to 19 cities in Europe, South America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Cox & Kings expects travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon
- Uzbekistan amends rules for residence permit for foreigners and for guide services
- Khiva to become capital of Turkic world in 2020
- Monkey Bar promises to have the best cure for Blue Fever during ICC World Cup Cricket
- Savor the grandeur of rich flavors of Mappila cuisine curated by none other than Ummi Abdulla
- Istanbul and Antalya amongst the top 25 cities in the world’s best Instagrammable hotspot
- Antarctic Cruise season 2020-2021 to be promising for Canadian Expedition Cruise specialist
- SriLankan Airlines thanks India for reviewing travel advisory
- Sri Lankan national carrier shares the spirit of Vesak with passengers at BIA
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.