NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Jun 2019
Kolkata, June 20 (NITN): Rush to the Westin Kolkata Rajarhat because you have time only until this weekend to taste one of the lesser known cuisines of India.
Its dining den Seasonal Tastes is offering a special menu consisting of Kerala's Mappila cuisine curated by none other than Chef Ummi Abdulla, who has virtually popularized this cuisine around the world.
Called the ‘Taste of the Coast’, the festival is running till June 23, 2019 (between 7.30pm and 11pm).
Mappila cuisine is essentially a plethora of flavors influenced by the centuries of overseas trade with Arabs, Portuguese, Dutch, Syrian, French, British and Jewish.
Chef Ummi Abdulla is constantly innovating, devising new recipes and has traveled around the world as a food consultant for some of the largest hotels in the business.
The specially curated menu will be displayed as part of the buffet, with an array of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options to choose from.
To begin with, try out the ‘Erachi Biriyani,’ a saffron flavored rice infused with spices and alternating layers of meat (chicken, mutton or fish) curry paste and garnished with light golden onions, ‘Arikkadukka,’ mussels boiled with rice stuffing, ‘Mambazham Pulissery’ a traditional sweet-sour curry made during the peak mango season and ‘Avial’ a thick mixture of vegetables and coconut, seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves ‘Nei Pathiri’ , ‘Kayipakka Mulagittuthu’, ‘Idiyappam’, ‘Kerala Parotta’ , ‘Vellappam’ , ‘Chakkara Choru‘ , ‘Puttu and Kadala curry’ and lots more.
End the culinary journey on a sweet note with signature sweet treats like ‘Kayada’, ‘Madura Ada’ (a traditional Kerala delicacy, the ada is a translucent fold of white encasing a rich coconut and jaggery mixture) and ‘Mutta Maala’ a signature dish (made with just two ingredients— egg yolk and sugar syrup) served at Mappila weddings,
Reservations: 033 4037 1234
- Conde Nast Traveler names Chicago best large city to visit for third consecutive year
- EaseMyTrip join hands with Malaysia Tourism to promote destination
- AirAsia wins Grand Sweepstakes Award 2019 in Honolulu
- Mumbai Airport runway closure: EaseMyTrip brings solution for its customers
- Travel giant Vivek Travels celebrates 50 years on the move
- Cinnamon to spearhead destination marketing in Sri Lanka
- Russian destination Sochi woos Indian travellers, appoints Linkin Rep for marketing
- Dubai set to host live performances, shows, concerts
- Travel & Tourism Fair flags-off busy Diwali and winter holiday travel season
- Thailand rated as the number one International destination from India
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip, one of the players in the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is offering packages at Rs. 11,060.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip is offering discount on travel fares on festival Diwali.
New Delhi: Taking a step further towards strengthening its presence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Indian airline IndiGo on Saturday commenced operations to Riyadh.