NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Jun 2019
Kolkata, June 20 (NITN): Rush to the Westin Kolkata Rajarhat because you have time only until this weekend to taste one of the lesser known cuisines of India.
Its dining den Seasonal Tastes is offering a special menu consisting of Kerala's Mappila cuisine curated by none other than Chef Ummi Abdulla, who has virtually popularized this cuisine around the world.
Called the ‘Taste of the Coast’, the festival is running till June 23, 2019 (between 7.30pm and 11pm).
Mappila cuisine is essentially a plethora of flavors influenced by the centuries of overseas trade with Arabs, Portuguese, Dutch, Syrian, French, British and Jewish.
Chef Ummi Abdulla is constantly innovating, devising new recipes and has traveled around the world as a food consultant for some of the largest hotels in the business.
The specially curated menu will be displayed as part of the buffet, with an array of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options to choose from.
To begin with, try out the ‘Erachi Biriyani,’ a saffron flavored rice infused with spices and alternating layers of meat (chicken, mutton or fish) curry paste and garnished with light golden onions, ‘Arikkadukka,’ mussels boiled with rice stuffing, ‘Mambazham Pulissery’ a traditional sweet-sour curry made during the peak mango season and ‘Avial’ a thick mixture of vegetables and coconut, seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves ‘Nei Pathiri’ , ‘Kayipakka Mulagittuthu’, ‘Idiyappam’, ‘Kerala Parotta’ , ‘Vellappam’ , ‘Chakkara Choru‘ , ‘Puttu and Kadala curry’ and lots more.
End the culinary journey on a sweet note with signature sweet treats like ‘Kayada’, ‘Madura Ada’ (a traditional Kerala delicacy, the ada is a translucent fold of white encasing a rich coconut and jaggery mixture) and ‘Mutta Maala’ a signature dish (made with just two ingredients— egg yolk and sugar syrup) served at Mappila weddings,
Reservations: 033 4037 1234
- Emirates becomes partner and airline for West Asian Football Federation Championship
- Non-stop Rain Room at Sharjah Art Foundation
- Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority conducts multi-city educational seminars in India
- Lufthansa to provide service for unaccompanied children on air
- Emirates to launch daily services from Dubai to Mexico City via Barcelona
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
- Etihad Airways introduces larger aircraft to accommodate growth of three key Asian routes
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.