NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Jan 2020, 06:29 am
Khalifa City/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has been ranked as the most punctual airline in the Middle East and one of the most punctual in the world by the global aviation analytics group OAG.
In its Punctuality League rating for 2019, OAG listed Etihad as the only Middle Eastern carrier in its Top 20, ranking the UAE airline 17th among all full-service and low-cost operators.
OAG also ranked Etihad at number 13 on its Top 20 list of Mainline Airlines, comprised only of major scheduled carriers operating over 30,000 flights per year.
On-time performance is defined by OAG as a flight departing or arriving within 15 minutes of its scheduled time – a standard measure within the airline industry, taking into account the large range of variable factors which can affect operations.
Mohammad Al Bulooki, Chief Operating Officer of Etihad Airways, said the key factor in Etihad Airways’ schedule reliability was its people, who delivered the safe and secure operation of the airline.
“Etihad Airways’ high placement in the 2019 OAG rankings demonstrates the airline’s commitment to delivering total quality, and on-time performance is a major part of this,” he said. “Etihad, with the determination of its operations team, as well as the investment in new technology will continuously strive to increase efficiency and service.”
- Discounted Monsoon Vacation Offers from MPSTDC for Jungle units and others
- Etihad Airways introduces Verified to Fly travel document initiative
- AirAsia India offers free rescheduling of bookings until May 15
- Russia's Aeroflot resumes regular Delhi-Moscow flights
- India to soon connect Cambodia by direct flight
- Global student offer launched by Etihad Airways
- SpiceJet to connect Darbhanga with Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru with daily flights
- IndiGo commences flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble
- Air India actively considering reintroduction of Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flights
- CapaJet announces Southeast Asia & Pacific repatriation flights for Indians from Aug 19
Kolkata/NITN: Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation (MPSTDC) has announced that it is opening its properties for the upcoming monsoon season.
Abu Dhabi: From 12 May 2021, travellers flying from Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, will be able to validate their Covid-19 travel documents before arriving at the airport. Guests can arrive at the airport with confidence and with peace of mind, knowing they have met all essential requirements before their flight.
Mumbai/NITN: Passengers on AirAsia India can now make free unlimited changes for all bookings and changes made till May 15, 2021, according to the airlines.