A Photo Essay by Bijoy Chowdhury 16 Jul 2016, 10:38 am
Images: Bijoy Chowdhury
One needs to be here to experience and feel. Amazing landscape, very old tribal culture, ethnic villages with unique settlement pattern, vibrant weekly markets, farm fresh local cuisine, traditional tunes with drum bits and after all the ever smiling local tribal community awaits your visit to DESIA,
Desia is a community based Rural Tourism Initiative by Heritage Tours, Bantalbiri Village and a local NGO Barefoot. The objective of this initiative is to bring the benefit of tourism to the local tribes and other community living in the valley by making tourism a tool.
The ethics is biased on principles of Eco Tourism and Responsible Travel where the part of the earning is spend to conserve the Eco system of the region, to bring sustainable development to the region and to provide authentic rural and ethnic Experience for the culture & nature loving Guests who come to explore this less known but spectacular valley. We strongly believe that Tourism is a tool which can not only empower the community or provide opportunity to meet another culture but also can be an instrumental to bring Peace & Harmony.
Desia is built with local materials, local community, designed by reputed artist to give an contemporary artistic look with maximum level of comfort as possible for the place and uses non convention energy. Starting from construction till your departure... You will find a local touch. With this we welcome you to this wonderful valley Koraput where you can listen the story of the people, their belief, their rituals, their indigenous agricultural livelihood, the weekly market (haat) and music - all fitted in a amazing landscape which explains LIVING IN HARMONY WITH NATURE beyond time.
- Hanuwantiya Jal Mahotsav of Madhya Pradesh to begin on November 28
- Kerala: Soothing Invasion
- Craft Coffee Experience Centre opens in Kolkata's Salt Lake area, introduces vegan handcrafted chocolates
- Four Instagram-worthy holiday options in the USA
- Go solo, woman, see the world
- A taste of Delhi street cuisine for Kolkatans as Kasan- Flavours of India hosts food festival
- Check out this new brewpub when you are in Goa's Vagator beach next
- Halloween spread from Kolkata restaurants
- What restaurants in Kolkata are offering this Halloween
- Loafer’s Café - where fresh bakes complements coffee and tea
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.