A Photo Essay by Bijoy Chowdhury 16 Jul 2016
Images: Bijoy Chowdhury
One needs to be here to experience and feel. Amazing landscape, very old tribal culture, ethnic villages with unique settlement pattern, vibrant weekly markets, farm fresh local cuisine, traditional tunes with drum bits and after all the ever smiling local tribal community awaits your visit to DESIA,
Desia is a community based Rural Tourism Initiative by Heritage Tours, Bantalbiri Village and a local NGO Barefoot. The objective of this initiative is to bring the benefit of tourism to the local tribes and other community living in the valley by making tourism a tool.
The ethics is biased on principles of Eco Tourism and Responsible Travel where the part of the earning is spend to conserve the Eco system of the region, to bring sustainable development to the region and to provide authentic rural and ethnic Experience for the culture & nature loving Guests who come to explore this less known but spectacular valley. We strongly believe that Tourism is a tool which can not only empower the community or provide opportunity to meet another culture but also can be an instrumental to bring Peace & Harmony.
Desia is built with local materials, local community, designed by reputed artist to give an contemporary artistic look with maximum level of comfort as possible for the place and uses non convention energy. Starting from construction till your departure... You will find a local touch. With this we welcome you to this wonderful valley Koraput where you can listen the story of the people, their belief, their rituals, their indigenous agricultural livelihood, the weekly market (haat) and music - all fitted in a amazing landscape which explains LIVING IN HARMONY WITH NATURE beyond time.
- ITC Hotels Kolkata celebrate International Women's Day with fun filled activities
- Purest form of Indian cuisine is the best: Celebrity chef Sarah Todd
- Holi specials from Kolkata bars, cafes and restaurants
- Dapper, Surbhi Pansari come out with special menswear for Holi
- Revamped and refurbished 'OTT' as 'Hammer' set to mesmerise people of Kolkata
- 10 places to go on Valentine's Day this year
- Konya: On the trail of Rumi in a city of love
- JW Marriott celebrates 71st Republic Day with a feast on a parade of flavours
- Cairns: Australia's sought-after waterfront destination woos Indian tourists
- Luxe Inferno captures the Yin and Yang of luxury: Mahul Brahma
New Delhi/UNI: The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) is coordinating with state governments for the supply of medical equipment and related essential items needed for protection against and testing of COVID-19.
New Delhi/NITN: In-line with its commitment to provide support to the nation in the current scenario, IndiGo operated a relief flight from Delhi to Jodhpur on Mar 29, 2020.
New Delhi/NITN: Amid the nationwide lockdown called by the government to stop the spread of COVID-19, airline SpiceJet has offered to fly migrant workers from Delhi and Mumbai to the eastern state of Bihar, media reports said.