NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Dec 2018
Photo credit: Glacier View Lodge by Pursuit
JASPER, Alberta: Experiential adventure travel company Pursuit has announced a new premium retreat located alongside one of Canada’s most iconic glacier destinations in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. The Glacier View Lodge, set to re-open June 1, 2019, will unveil an all-inclusive high alpine experience set amongst the dramatic backdrop of the Columbia Icefield.
Led by globally acclaimed Canadian design firm DIALOG, the re-imagined hotel space will include 32 alpine-inspired contemporary guest rooms and an intimate lounge boasting floor-to-ceiling windows to highlight the breathtaking glacier views.
The design will focus on transforming the current space, built more than 20 years ago, into an elevated experience juxtaposing the rugged and powerful glacial landscape with a warm and inviting overnight stay.
Exclusive programming will complement the lodge experience providing guests with an immersive and intimate look at the Athabasca Glacier and will include an evening guided on-ice culinary excursion and VIP access to explore the award-winning Glacier Skywalk.
“Set amongst one of the most dramatic and visually stunning glacial landscapes in the Canadian Rockies, the re-imagined Glacier View Lodge will invite visitors to experience an overnight stay in a truly unique and unexpected location,” said Dave McKenna, President, Banff Jasper Collection by Pursuit. “This new retreat will enable guests to explore the ancient glacier and surrounding natural environment in an enriching and exclusive way.”
A stay at the premium lodge will begin with a welcome reception and evening glacier tour with canapés and cocktails on the ice. Then, guests move indoors for a three-course gourmet dinner featuring locally sourced cuisine at Altitude Restaurant, followed by entertainment and stargazing on the expansive outdoor patio. The experience will then conclude with breakfast and private access to the Glacier Skywalk, a fully accessible, cliff-edge walkway that leads to a glass-floored observation platform extending 918 feet over the valley.
Situated at the toe of the Athabasca Glacier, the lodge is located approximately 1.5 hours from the mountain town of Jasper and 2.5 hours from Banff, along the picturesque Icefield Parkway, a scenic Rocky Mountain drive that winds its way between two stunning national parks. Open June 1 through mid-October, all-inclusive packages start at $335 per person. For more information visit theglacierviewlodge.com, call 1-800-808-8068, or follow on social media @pursuitbanffjasper
- With bars allowed to open, Kolkata’s new gastropub Zobet ready to welcome patrons
- A trip down memory lane to Freddie Mercury's life in Switzerland's Montreux on his 74th birthday
- Santa Claus’ Finnish homeland Rovaniemi decides to go sustainable to counter climate change
- Have you been to Grand Market Pavilion yet for its special weekend brunch and dinner?
- Brighten up your weekend with a loaded home-delivered brunch from JW Marriott Kolkata
- Visit Starmark for your Rakhi shopping
- Jeremy Wade of River Monsters fame returns to Animal Planet with a brand new series
- Kolkata's stylish bistro Quantum has drawn up an extensive delivery and takeaway menu
- Kolkata’s health food café Mint reopens with a nutritious yet appetising menu
- JW Marriott Kolkata offering dine-in and delivery facilities for Father's Day
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
Kolkata/UNI/NITN: Air India, the Asian country's national airline, is actively considering reintroduction of its Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flight soon after getting nod from the Aviation Ministry and Airport Authority of India (AAI) and clearance of other technicalities.