NITN | @notintownlive | 27 Aug 2020
Kolkata/NITN: Leave behind your pandemic worries and spice up your weekend dine-in with sumptuous options at the Grand Market Pavilion in ITC Royal Bengal.
Inspired by the Kolkata’s iconic Hogg Market (New Market as it is popularly known as), famous for its stores stocking almost everything under the sun, this buffet restaurant is holding brunches (between one pm and 3.30pm) and dinners (between 7pm and 11.45pm) on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Said Tejinder Singh, Area Manager East ITC Hotels & Cluster General Manager ITC Royal Bengal & ITC Sonar, “Grand Market Pavilion offers immersive dining keeping pace with international trends, showcasing the finest in cuisines from across the globe.”
He also said that the ‘WeAssure’ initiative of ITC Hotels ensures that staff and patrons are protected with the best of hygiene and safety procedures tempered by the hotel chain’s service standards codified under their ‘Responsible Luxury’ ethos.
Highlights of the buffet restaurant include at-site Kebaberie, colourful buffet counters, a dessert studio, and live kitchen.
The spread includes among other things local delicacies, cuisines from north-eastern India, dishes from Kitchens of India as well as a Global Galley.
In keeping with pandemic-related safety procedures, the entire buffet is covered with a protective shield, which does not expose food.
Guests will be served by service associates through a secure opening in the shield.
The layout and seating arrangements at the restaurant (which is operating at half its normal seating capacity) have been remodelled to maintain distancing norms.
According to the hotel authorities, all chefs and service associates wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and adhere to stringent safety norms and hygiene protocols.
Service associates always maintain a safe distance from guests.
Apart from sanitising tables and chairs after every use, the tables have been decluttered, including replacing common shareable items with individually packaged condiments.
Guests have to settle bills through contactless payment modes, i.e., QR code scan through EDC Machine or Payment link through CCAvenue.
- On the trail of Buddha
- Royal China Kolkata complements its fine dining restaurant with a dazzling lounge and bar
- With bars allowed to open, Kolkata’s new gastropub Zobet ready to welcome patrons
- A trip down memory lane to Freddie Mercury's life in Switzerland's Montreux on his 74th birthday
- Santa Claus’ Finnish homeland Rovaniemi decides to go sustainable to counter climate change
- Have you been to Grand Market Pavilion yet for its special weekend brunch and dinner?
- Brighten up your weekend with a loaded home-delivered brunch from JW Marriott Kolkata
- Visit Starmark for your Rakhi shopping
- Jeremy Wade of River Monsters fame returns to Animal Planet with a brand new series
- Kolkata's stylish bistro Quantum has drawn up an extensive delivery and takeaway menu
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
Kolkata/UNI/NITN: Air India, the Asian country's national airline, is actively considering reintroduction of its Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flight soon after getting nod from the Aviation Ministry and Airport Authority of India (AAI) and clearance of other technicalities.