Arundhati Gupta | @notintownlive | 13 Feb 2021, 04:41 am
Hard Rock Cafe is doing something exceptional in this season of love. It has always believed in giving back to the community in whatever way they can which has endeared them to their customers. Their latest initiative reveals this commitment of theirs.
They are celebrating the season of love by dedicating it to the LGBTQ community by including two novel items in its menu—the Rainbow Cake and the All American Daiquiri to celebrate pure love transcending all social barriers.
Both of these items will be available on the 13th, 14th, and 15th of February. There’s more to it! Ten percent of the proceeds from their sales will go to the community outreach programme belonging to the LGBTQ, the Kolkata Pride.
According to the Director of Hard Rock Cafe, Kolkata, Vanita Bajoria, “Hard Rock Cafe has always been an advocate of social causes, and Kolkata being very receptive to such initiatives, will surely express their warm acknowledgement to our efforts. Kolkata has always accepted such programmes with open arms. Our forward-thinking ideas and programmes are sure to inspire people to accept changes and help create a place inclusive for one and all. That’s what Hard Rock Cafe thrives to attain.”
“Hard Rock's ongoing support towards LGBTQ is not unknown to the world, the brand’s mission has been invaluable, and we adore that there is a continuation of the same in our very own City of Joy, Kolkata. We are glad that Hard Rock Cafe, Kolkata has taken such a step and is committed to contributing towards the LGBTQ community with their special initiative. Kolkata Pride is honoured to have partnered with the same.” added Mr. Navonil Das, Trustee, Kolkata Pride.
The All American Daiquiri cocktail has combined red, blue, and white layers using a mix of white rum and Blue Curaçao, topped with a variety of additional sweet ingredients like grenadine and cream of coconut, topped with whipped cream and cherry. While the Rainbow Cake is a multi-coloured marvel of moist sponge layers and lightly whipped white frosting.
The exquisite layers of moist, colourful sponge are sandwiched with a lightly whipped icing. This vibrant, six-tiered rainbow creation will leave you yearning for more.
Address: 57-A, Park Street, Park Mansion, Kolkata.
Cost for two: Rs. 2,500 (approx.) with alcohol + taxes
Open on all days of the week from 12:00 Noon – 12:00 Midnight
- Bookings for Odisha’s annual eco retreats to begin from September 15 this year
- Tawang Marathon: A perfect excuse to visit Arunachal Pradesh in October this year
- Varanasi: The story of Dalmia Bhavan in the City of Surprises
- ITC Hotels and Marriott International collaborate to spotlight millet-based culinary delights globally
- Monsoon getaway: Take a break in the historical town of Mandu in Madhya Pradesh
- Thalaiva Rajinikanth escapes to paradise: Unwinding at luxurious Kuda Villingili Resort in the Maldives
- Captivating summer retreats at Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
- Madhya Pradesh: The Tiger State of India is your best bet of catching up with the magnificent beast in the wild
- Bucket list: Popular street foods of Europe that you must try
- First Person: Football fever strikes Sydney
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.