NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Jun 2021, 11:57 am
World leaders will be treated to meals cooked by award winning Cornish chefs at the G7 summit – with a menu designed to showcase everything Cornwall has to offer. Award winning Cornish chefs will cook for world leaders at the G7 summit this weekend; menus will showcase the best of Cornish produce, from local cheese to regional beer; leaders will enjoy a Saturday night beach BBQ, taking in the beautiful coast of Carbis Bay
On the first night of the summit (Friday,) Chef Emily Scott from Newquay’s Watergate Bay hotel is set to serve a specially designed five course meal, including Turbot caught fresh off the coast of Newquay by a local fisherman, with Cornish new potatoes and wild garlic pesto and greens from the local Padstow kitchen gardens.
To finish off the evening, leaders will enjoy uniquely Cornish petit fours of Clotted cream fudge, and a mini clotted cream ice cream cone with chocolate earl grey truffles.
The Saturday night dinner will be cooked by Chef Simon Stallard from the Hidden Hut in Portscatho, a local clifftop institution.
In a first for a G7 summit, leaders will enjoy a beach BBQ in Carbis Bay, where they will be served canapes of Curgurrell Crab Claws and Portscatho Mackerel, and a main course of Seared and smokey Moorland sirloin with Newlyn lobster and scorched leeks alongside layered Cornish potato chips, St Just purple sprout broccoli and salt baked beetroot.
Afterwards, they will have baked brie, hot buttered rum and toasted marshmallows around firepits on the beach.
To drink, leaders will choose from Cornish sparkling wine, German Riesling, Australian Shiraz, Cornish beer and hedge row fizz cocktail.
- Neha Mittal, the woman behind OneAbove medical devices, wants to remain one up in business while serving mankind
- Globally acclaimed modern Indian bistro Farzi Café now in Kolkata
- Celebrate Eid at home with the ‘Ruhaniyat' edition from ITC Royal Bengal and ITC Sonar
- Visiting California? Here is a list of Santa Monica Beach Restaurants
- Celebrating Chocolates
- Five scenic but secluded corners in Uttarakhand for a post pandemic holiday
- ITC Royal Bengal & ITC Sonar celebrates Doctor’s Day with Special Offers
- Paprika Gourmet launches special monsoon menu
- Pronto—an experience in deliciousness!
- Taapsee Pannu, sister Shagun make most of their Russian sojourn with Airbnb
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines is all set to resume flights to the Russian capital Moscow after a break of six years.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: UAE's second flag carrier Etihad Airways has extended its ‘Verified To Fly’ travel document initiative, enabling travelers to validate their Covid-19 travel documents before arriving at the airport, to routes across its global network.
Mumbai: AirAsia India on Friday operated 9 flights with fully vaccinated crew including cabin crew and pilots, the airline said.