Souvik Ghosh | @notintownlive | 25 Dec 2021, 11:12 am
Kolkata/NITN: Winter Lane, the first pop-up cafe in eastern India, is back in the city with its second season as winter is in full swing here.
The cafe, which started in 2020, is located at Lake Terrace in the heart of south Kolkata.
The second season, which will also go on for a few months, started with food items like Fish & Chips, Pea Kachori, Shepherd's pIe, Caramel Custard, Dim Kachori et al.
Tasting a few foods, singer Joy Sarkar, in an exclusive chat with India Blooms, says, "I am feeling fantastic. This place is so near to my residence. I will come frequently."
"I am seeing such a cafe for the first time in the heart of the city," he said and added, "First of all, I liked the house, the number of which is gradually declining in south Kolkata. Moreover, the space and seating arrangements are perfect and they are complimented by good food."
The cafe, the second season of which started on Dec 16, will remain functional from 5:30 pm to 10 pm everyday.
Much like the live music very much common in the iconic Park Street, budding artists, writers and authors will be given an opportunity to perform in the cafe which is completely in an open space of a house.
Winter Lane owner Paramita Karati, a former student of Hotel Management, had always had a desire to start a cafe or a restaurant.
"After 14 years of planning, I opened this cafe during COVID-19 times last year," she said.
On her decision to come up with a pop-up cafe, Karati said, "I did not want to make any permanent establishment. I wanted to bring in something new in Kolkata."
- Winter escapades in Italy: Unveiling the snow-covered splendors
- Five attractions you cannot miss if you are at Yas Island Abu Dhabi for IIFA 2023
- Summer Holidays: Five offbeat hill destinations in India
- Fergana: A mesmerizing destination to visit in Uzbekistan
- Three special recipes to whip up at home this World Cocktail Day
- Viva Cuba: Rides to remember in Havana's vintage roadshow-stoppers
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Kolkata restaurants gear up with special offers to mark the end of Ramzan
- On a romantic holiday to Philadelphia: 10 things you cannot miss
- Assam’s bellwether festival Bihu goes global with Guinness Records entry
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.