Souvik Ghosh | @notintownlive | 25 Dec 2021, 11:12 am
Kolkata/NITN: Winter Lane, the first pop-up cafe in eastern India, is back in the city with its second season as winter is in full swing here.
The cafe, which started in 2020, is located at Lake Terrace in the heart of south Kolkata.
The second season, which will also go on for a few months, started with food items like Fish & Chips, Pea Kachori, Shepherd's pIe, Caramel Custard, Dim Kachori et al.
Tasting a few foods, singer Joy Sarkar, in an exclusive chat with India Blooms, says, "I am feeling fantastic. This place is so near to my residence. I will come frequently."
"I am seeing such a cafe for the first time in the heart of the city," he said and added, "First of all, I liked the house, the number of which is gradually declining in south Kolkata. Moreover, the space and seating arrangements are perfect and they are complimented by good food."
The cafe, the second season of which started on Dec 16, will remain functional from 5:30 pm to 10 pm everyday.
Much like the live music very much common in the iconic Park Street, budding artists, writers and authors will be given an opportunity to perform in the cafe which is completely in an open space of a house.
Winter Lane owner Paramita Karati, a former student of Hotel Management, had always had a desire to start a cafe or a restaurant.
"After 14 years of planning, I opened this cafe during COVID-19 times last year," she said.
On her decision to come up with a pop-up cafe, Karati said, "I did not want to make any permanent establishment. I wanted to bring in something new in Kolkata."
- Hanuwantiya Jal Mahotsav of Madhya Pradesh to begin on November 28
- Kerala: Soothing Invasion
- Craft Coffee Experience Centre opens in Kolkata's Salt Lake area, introduces vegan handcrafted chocolates
- Four Instagram-worthy holiday options in the USA
- Go solo, woman, see the world
- A taste of Delhi street cuisine for Kolkatans as Kasan- Flavours of India hosts food festival
- Check out this new brewpub when you are in Goa's Vagator beach next
- Halloween spread from Kolkata restaurants
- What restaurants in Kolkata are offering this Halloween
- Loafer’s Café - where fresh bakes complements coffee and tea
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.