NITN | @notintownlive | 12 May 2022, 06:54 am
Kolkata: Kolkata's ITC Royal Bengal is catering 'Grishma Ritu Khasa' menu at Royal Vega for its guests this summer season.
The new menu will be available in the hotel from May 15 to July 14.
This signature restaurant presents a delightful offering of delectable
vegetarian food from the magnificent royal Kitchens of India.
Guided by the precepts of Ayurveda, much of the cuisine on offer is attuned to the season, observing the ideal combination of tastes.
The menu encompasses the restaurant’s multi-faceted vegetarian repertoire with delights like dadhi alukam or new baby potatoes in a gravy of curd, finished with a sprinkle of clove powder & homemade garam masala, khattā meethā kumra or sweet and sour red pumpkin tempered with fenugreek seeds, flavored with dried mango and jaggery, garnished with roasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of pumpkin oil, amra dāl or a mélange of ahrar lentil & fresh raw mango cooked together and tempered with asafetida and cumin, ajwaini bhindi or dices of okra tempered with ajwain and flavoured with amchoor.
Chef Varun Mohan told IBNS: "Since the summer season is around, we have inclined the food taste towards sourness. So, you have raw mango, pudina and other such items, which are suitable for summer, as ingredients while preparing the food."
The Grishma Ritu Menu is available as a set menu at INR 2250 plus taxes,
ala carte portions are available on request.
(Reporting by Priyam Mallick Hazra)
- Of human bondage: An Atlanta museum reminds the Black Americans' tortuous journey to equality
- Plan a winter vacation around Sindhudurg and Tarkarli beach of southern Maharashtra
- Have you been to these 12 Christmas markets in Europe?
- First Person: Among the happy, hospitable and artistic Uzbek people
- Georgian flavour
- Wedding Asia New Delhi returns with latest bridal couture and opulence
- Kolkata raises a toast to Shashi Tharoor's latest book launched at a session of Kitaab
- With rich tapestry of culture and economic vigour, Atyrau region in Kazakhstan shines bright
- Washington DC: That buzzy feel in the city where Potus, power and politics cohabit Smithsonian
- Visit Victoria, Qantas collaborate with MasterChef Australia finalist Kishwar Chowdhury for 'Flavours of Melbourne'
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.