NITN | @notintownlive | 09 May 2019
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
Akbar Al Baker, Secretary-General of Qatar National Tourism Council and Groupe CEO of Qatar Airways said, “Beginning in June and continuing till mid-August, this Summer in Qatar allows visitors to participate in the festivities surrounding the two Eids – which bookend the season this year. Leveraging the collaboration between aviation, hospitality and tourism, we are offering discounts on airfare, promotional travel packages, and exceptional airport experiences throughout summer. From cultural excursions to family entertainment, there is something for everyone in Qatar.”
With visa-free access to citizens of over 80 countries, including India, planning a trip to Qatar is easy.
Passengers can also take advantage of +Qatar, a unique stopover package designed to give travelers transiting through Qatar the opportunity to discover Doha with free luxury hotel stays and complimentary transit visas.
Starting May 15, Qatar Airways is offering a discount of 25% on all flights to Doha from more than 160 destinations worldwide, for travel between 30 May and August 16.
Those arriving, departing or transiting through Hamad International Airport can enjoy up to 25% off on Al Maha Service - Qatar Airways’ personalized meet and assist service.
A wide range of hotels and hotel apartments from luxury to luxe on a budget, will offer discounts of up to 25% (between Jun 4 and Aug 16, 2019) and will include several additional incentives and promotions at various facilities.
Participating hotel groups include Marriott International Hotels.
A host of entertainment options are on offer too.
Plenty of child-friendly activities are available, with entertainment shows in malls across the city, indoor theme parks and edutainment parks.
Doha Corniche, affording spectacular views of the city’s skyline, will also play host to various activities, including must-do dhow rides.
Cultural visits to Souq Waqif and Katara Cultural Village, musical programmes with performances by international headliners, Doha Comedy Festival and a host of other events are scheduled all through the given period.
(Reporting by Uttara Gangopadhyay)
- Etihad Airways to offer special transfer flights connecting key cities
- Turkish airline companies partially resume domestic operations
- Grab the chance to avail discounts from Marriott International hotels in South Asia, booking open till June 30
- IndiGo supports IMD with crucial data for weather forecasting amid COVID-19
- Air Canada to lay off more than half of its workers due to COVID-19 pandemic
- THAI Smile Airways flies 129 people, including monks, to Thailand from Gaya
- Etihad Airways begins transit flights to Melbourne and London via Abu Dhabi
- Vande Bharat Mission: Air India Flight with 177 Indians to land at Calicut Intl Airport from Bahrain today
- Emirates chief warns it may take 18 months for aviation sector to recover
- Virgina Atlantic to cut jobs across all functions and end operations at London Gatwick airport
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Effective Jun 10, Etihad Airways will link 20 cities in Europe, Asia and Australia via Abu Dhabi.
Istanbul/Xinhua/UNI: Turkey's airline companies resumed their domestic operations on Monday with a limited number of flights after two months of closure over the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kolkata/NITN: Marriott International, as part of its initiative to encourage people to travel in the post-pandemic revival phase, has announced a limited time offer curated specially for their hotels across South Asia.