Not In Town | @notintownlive | 30 Oct 2019, 03:10 pm
New Delhi/NITN: In-line with its vision of increasing point-to-point connectivity across Tier II and III cities, Indian airline IndiGo inaugurated flights from Shirdi and Mysore - its 59th and 60th domestic destinations respectively on Oct 27.
The new flights connect Shirdi to Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Indore via daily direct flights, while Mysore has been connected to Hyderabad via direct flights operating under UDAN.
All these flights are being operated on IndiGo’s ATR fleet. The inaugural ceremony at Mysore was graced by AAI Officials, local MP, MLA and government officials.
The maiden flight to Shirdi was received in presence of airport officials and the local MLA.
William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo said, “We are delighted to inaugurate flights from Shirdi and Mysore on the auspicious occasion of Diwali. Shirdi being a well-known pilgrim destination for Indians across the country, and Mysore locally known as the ‘Cultural capital of Karnataka’, we are confident that we will able to cater to the travellers who look for affordable, on-time and hassle-free travel options.
Karnataka tourism board is currently propagating the rich and untapped historical and cultural attractions to make Mysore a year-round tourist hub. With increased connectivity to the city, we are positive that these flights will be an enabler to channelise Mysore’s potential as a tourist destination into its development and growth for the city”.
Boulter further added, “IndiGo will continue to expand its network to meet the requirements of both business and leisure travellers. It is our constant endeavour to provide flexibility of choice to our customers while offering on-time, affordable, courteous and hassle-free flying experience always”.
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
- SpiceJet announces daily non-stop flights between Jabalpur and Kolkata
- Flydubai suspends flights to Colombo amid economical and political upheaval
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala backed Akasa Air introduces employee-centric cabin crew look
New Delhi: Airlines major Air India launched its first-ever non-stop flight to London Gatwick, from Amritsar on Monday.
Singapore/NITN: Scoot, the low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines (SIA), announced that it will steadily resume flights to and from China buoyed by further relaxation of border restrictions imposed during the pandemic.
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.