NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Jan 2020
Khalifa City/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has been ranked as the most punctual airline in the Middle East and one of the most punctual in the world by the global aviation analytics group OAG.
In its Punctuality League rating for 2019, OAG listed Etihad as the only Middle Eastern carrier in its Top 20, ranking the UAE airline 17th among all full-service and low-cost operators.
OAG also ranked Etihad at number 13 on its Top 20 list of Mainline Airlines, comprised only of major scheduled carriers operating over 30,000 flights per year.
On-time performance is defined by OAG as a flight departing or arriving within 15 minutes of its scheduled time – a standard measure within the airline industry, taking into account the large range of variable factors which can affect operations.
Mohammad Al Bulooki, Chief Operating Officer of Etihad Airways, said the key factor in Etihad Airways’ schedule reliability was its people, who delivered the safe and secure operation of the airline.
“Etihad Airways’ high placement in the 2019 OAG rankings demonstrates the airline’s commitment to delivering total quality, and on-time performance is a major part of this,” he said. “Etihad, with the determination of its operations team, as well as the investment in new technology will continuously strive to increase efficiency and service.”
- GoAir repatriates 37,990 stranded Indians, clocks more than 200 international charter flights
- IndiGo announces it will slash 10 percent of workforce
- GoAir clocks more than 100 international charter flights, repatriates 18,195 stranded Indians
- Etihad Airways to resume special passenger services to six destinations in India
- Etihad Airways announces new codeshare agreement with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Airways to resume wider network of flights as UAE travel restrictions ease
- India keeps all international passenger flights suspended till Jul 15
- Etihad Airways partners with Medicus AI to launch Covid-19 risk assessment tool
- IndiGo repatriated 751 Indian Nationals from Qatar
- IndiGo repatriated 643 Indian citizens from Qatar and Maldives
New Delhi: Private carrier GoAir has repatriated 37,990 stranded Indians and clocked more than 200 international charter flights till date.
New Delhi/NITN: Private airlines major IndiGo on Monday announced it will lay off 10 per cent of its workforce.
New Delhi/NITN: Indian airline GoAir has clocked more than 100 international charter flights and repatriated 18,195 stranded Indians.