NITN | @notintownlive | 02 May 2020
New Delhi/NITN: In the wake of the extension of the nationwide anti-Coronavirus lockdown, India kept all flight operations across the country suspended till May 17.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), India, said the suspension of flight operations- both domestic and international- has been extended till 11:59 pm on May 17.
However, the restrictions will not apply in international all-cargo operations and flights specifically approved by DGCA.
The Union Home Ministry on Friday announced that the nationwide lockdown in India will be extended for two more weeks after May 4, noting that the country has been successful in averting more casualties from coronavirus.
According to the government, the six-week shutdown in India has helped in stemming the spread of COVID-19.
In a statement, the Ministry of Home Affairs noted that governments of all States and UTs have to strictly enforce lockdown phase 3 guidelines, without any dilution whatsoever.
States can impose additional restrictions on activities which are permitted, based on their own assessment, in order to check the spread of the contagion.
- SpiceJet to connect Darbhanga with Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru with daily flights
- IndiGo commences flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble
- Air India actively considering reintroduction of Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flights
- CapaJet announces Southeast Asia & Pacific repatriation flights for Indians from Aug 19
- GoAir repatriates 37,990 stranded Indians, clocks more than 200 international charter flights
- IndiGo announces it will slash 10 percent of workforce
- GoAir clocks more than 100 international charter flights, repatriates 18,195 stranded Indians
- Etihad Airways to resume special passenger services to six destinations in India
- Etihad Airways announces new codeshare agreement with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Airways to resume wider network of flights as UAE travel restrictions ease
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
Kolkata/UNI/NITN: Air India, the Asian country's national airline, is actively considering reintroduction of its Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flight soon after getting nod from the Aviation Ministry and Airport Authority of India (AAI) and clearance of other technicalities.