NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Jun 2020
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo has operated four special international charter flights from Qatar to repatriate 751 Indian citizens.
The IndiGo flight 6E 9739 from Doha to Kozhikode transferred 172 passengers on June 18, while flight 6E 9789 from Doha to Amritsar/Srinagar transferred 207 passengers, flight 6E 9740 from Doha to Kochi transferred 209 passengers and flight 6E 9431 from Doha to Delhi transferred 163 passengers on June 19, 2020.
The flight 6E 9431 from Doha to Delhi was particularly arranged for all seafarers and mariners in partnership with Qatar Airlines.
The charter flights were operated while observing all precautionary measures and safety guidelines, the airline claimed.
Ronojoy Dutta, chief executive officer, IndiGo, said, “We are pleased to continue our efforts to bring back Indian nationals. We extend our thankfulness towards the government for allowing IndiGo to operate these international repatriation flights, enabling a safe arrival of our fellow countrymen back to their homes.
It is our endeavour to continue to serve the country in every manner possible in these difficult times”.
- SpiceJet to connect Darbhanga with Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru with daily flights
- IndiGo commences flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble
- Air India actively considering reintroduction of Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flights
- CapaJet announces Southeast Asia & Pacific repatriation flights for Indians from Aug 19
- GoAir repatriates 37,990 stranded Indians, clocks more than 200 international charter flights
- IndiGo announces it will slash 10 percent of workforce
- GoAir clocks more than 100 international charter flights, repatriates 18,195 stranded Indians
- Etihad Airways to resume special passenger services to six destinations in India
- Etihad Airways announces new codeshare agreement with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Airways to resume wider network of flights as UAE travel restrictions ease
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
Kolkata/UNI/NITN: Air India, the Asian country's national airline, is actively considering reintroduction of its Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flight soon after getting nod from the Aviation Ministry and Airport Authority of India (AAI) and clearance of other technicalities.