NITN | @notintownlive | 22 Jun 2020, 10:51 am
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is partnering with Austrian-based healthcare technology company Medicus AI to launch a Covid-19 risk-assessment tool that will empower guests to make informed decisions about travelling.
Powered by Medicus AI’s technology, the risk-assessment tool will guide Etihad’s guests in evaluating the probability of having contracted the Covid-19 by responding to a set of 22 questions.
The self-administered assessment, which takes less than five minutes to complete, is based on World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines that are updated daily.
With this risk-assessment tool, guests will understand their individual probability of having contracted the virus alongside advisories and recommendations, allowing them to make informed decisions about travelling.
Frank Meyer, Chief Digital Officer, Etihad Airways, said: “We know that health and wellbeing will be a major factor impacting the travel decisions of our guests and are committed to ensuring their continued safety and peace of mind when they choose to travel with Etihad Airways.
As flying operations begin to resume globally, we want to empower our guests to make informed decisions on travel. Partnering with Medicus AI on this innovative new tool is just one of the ways we are adapting our operations and guest experience to meet the new demands placed on the travel industry as a result of Covid-19.”
Dr. Baher Al Hakim, Chief Executive Officer, Medicus AI, said: “We are proud to support Etihad Airways in their efforts to ensure the safety of its passengers and crew as the world returns to normalcy.
Our initial efforts at the start of the pandemic were to help provide assessment and monitoring tools, and as needs shift, our efforts have evolved to help our partners bring people back to their day-to-day life in a safe manner.”
The tool is now available to guests on Etihad.com and soon on the Etihad Airways mobile application on the Apple iOS, Android and Huawei platforms, and will be accessible in English, with additional language editions such as Arabic, French, German and Portuguese being added in phases.
- Global student offer launched by Etihad Airways
- SpiceJet to connect Darbhanga with Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru with daily flights
- IndiGo commences flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble
- Air India actively considering reintroduction of Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flights
- CapaJet announces Southeast Asia & Pacific repatriation flights for Indians from Aug 19
- GoAir repatriates 37,990 stranded Indians, clocks more than 200 international charter flights
- IndiGo announces it will slash 10 percent of workforce
- GoAir clocks more than 100 international charter flights, repatriates 18,195 stranded Indians
- Etihad Airways to resume special passenger services to six destinations in India
- Etihad Airways announces new codeshare agreement with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.