NITN | @notintownlive | 26 Jun 2020, 10:40 am
New Delhi/NITN: The Indian government on Friday extended the suspension of all international passenger flights till Jul 15 in a bid to curb the spread of the pandemic Covid-19.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) India has issued a notice stating all scheduled international passenger flights, barring the cargo and special ones, to and from India will remain suspended till 11:59 pm on Jul 15.
The decision has been taken on a day India, the country of 1.3 billion people, added over 17,000 fresh Covid cases in 24 hours taking the tally to 4,90,401.
Meanwhile, the domestic passenger flights are running across the country of 36 states and union territories.
India on Jun 1 entered into the lockdown 5.0 or Unlock 1.0 which allowed the reopening of restaurants, malls and religious places.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Mar 24 midnight first announced the lockdown, the aim of which was to stem the spread of the contagion, but later it was extended four times.
- Global student offer launched by Etihad Airways
- SpiceJet to connect Darbhanga with Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru with daily flights
- IndiGo commences flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble
- Air India actively considering reintroduction of Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flights
- CapaJet announces Southeast Asia & Pacific repatriation flights for Indians from Aug 19
- GoAir repatriates 37,990 stranded Indians, clocks more than 200 international charter flights
- IndiGo announces it will slash 10 percent of workforce
- GoAir clocks more than 100 international charter flights, repatriates 18,195 stranded Indians
- Etihad Airways to resume special passenger services to six destinations in India
- Etihad Airways announces new codeshare agreement with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.