NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Jan 2021, 10:24 pm
Phnom Penh/New Delhi:India and Cambodia will soon be connected by a direct flight, media reports said.
The move is seen as a strong measure to enhance New Delhi’s Indo-Pacific outreach.
The agreement for direct air flights between Cambodia and India was reached during a meeting between Cambodian Minister of Tourism Thong Khon and Indian ambassador to Cambodia Devyani Uttam Khobragade on January 20,reports The Economic Times.
"I fully agree and support this initiative because it will bring a lot of benefits to the tourism sector, considering how young Indians nowadays really like these kinds of tourism tours," Devyani Uttam Khobragade was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
Khmer Angkor Tour Guide Association (KATGA) president Khieu Thy told The Post that direct flights with India would be a boon for Cambodia.
"The number of Indian tourists coming to Angkor Wat has increased every year and this will create more jobs for local people," Thy said.
- Air Canada resumes operations in Delhi after four months
- Etihad Airways announces special fares for travel from India as Abu Dhabi opens to fully vaccinated travellers
- Do not miss the limited period By One Get One Free offer from SriLankan Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines enhances connectivity to Sri Lanka from key Indian cities
- French low cost long haul airline offers limited number of discounted seats on New York-Orly route
- SriLankan Airlines uplifts largest vaccine consignment to Sri Lanka
- Amid students' rush, Air India to increase flight frequency to US from August
- SriLankan Airlines to resume flights to Moscow after 6-yr break
- Etihad Airways extends its 'Verified to Fly' travel document initiative globally
- AirAsia India operates with fully vaccinated crew on 9 flights across multiple metro sectors
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.