NITN | @notintownlive | 18 Jun 2021, 05:14 am
Mumbai: AirAsia India on Friday operated 9 flights with fully vaccinated crew including cabin crew and pilots, the airline said.
The sectors flown by fully vaccinated crew included Bengaluru-Kolkata, Kolkata-Bengaluru, Bengaluru-Chennai, Chennai-Guwahati, Guwahati-Bengaluru, Bengaluru-Pune, Pune-Jaipur, Jaipur-Pune and Pune-Bengaluru.
In keeping with AirAsia’s core values, ‘Safety Always’ and ‘People First,’ the airline has been conducting free inoculation drives for all its eligible Allstars and their dependants and became the first airline in India to announce that 99.5% of its guest-facing operational staff including Pilots, Cabin Crew, Security, Ground Staff, and Catering Operations had been inoculated with their first doses, the company said in a release.
The operating crew members on these sectors are fully vaccinated, having received both doses in line with guidelines from health authorities and after going through all the mandatory tests and certified by the Chief Medical Officer, Dr Sangeeta Kujur.
Capt. Manish Uppal, Head of Operations, AirAsia India said, “This is commitment to stand tall against challenges, and continue flying high. The safety of our guests and our Allstars is primary and we are in the process of completing our vaccination drives covering the second dose for all eligible employees in operations and guest facing roles. We believe that complete vaccination will be the foundation to revive the industry for a better tomorrow.”
Headquartered in Bengaluru, India, AirAsia India Limited is a venture between Tata Sons Private Limited and AirAsia Investment Limited. AirAsia India commenced operations on 12th June 2014 and flies to 17 destinations and over 240 direct and connecting routes across India with 32 Airbus A320 aircraft.
- Etihad Airways launches exponential Abu Dhabi
- Air Canada resumes operations in Delhi after four months
- Etihad Airways announces special fares for travel from India as Abu Dhabi opens to fully vaccinated travellers
- Do not miss the limited period By One Get One Free offer from SriLankan Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines enhances connectivity to Sri Lanka from key Indian cities
- French low cost long haul airline offers limited number of discounted seats on New York-Orly route
- SriLankan Airlines uplifts largest vaccine consignment to Sri Lanka
- Amid students' rush, Air India to increase flight frequency to US from August
- SriLankan Airlines to resume flights to Moscow after 6-yr break
- Etihad Airways extends its 'Verified to Fly' travel document initiative globally
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, is giving all of its guests travelling into or via Abu Dhabi a complimentary ticket to Expo 2020 Dubai, the biggest cultural gathering in the world.
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.