NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Sep 2021, 11:30 am
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.
The carrier is offering a ‘buy one get one free’ offer on return tickets between Indian cities and Colombo on all categories in the leisure travel section, according to reports.
The offer is open until October 31 this year.
SriLankan Airlines currently operates four flights a week from Chennai, three flights a week from Mumbai, and once a week from Bangalore to its hub in Colombo.
In August it had announced that from September, the Airline will be resuming services between Colombo and a host of Indian cities, such as Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum and Cochin (with flights once a week), and Hyderabad and New Delhi (with twice-weekly flights).
According to reports, travellers from India may now fly to Sri Lanka, provided they are fully vaccinated with the second shot taken at least 14 days before the trip, and then take a RT-PCR test at the hotel on arrival. Those with a negative test result will be allowed to travel within the country.
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.