NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Jan 2022, 06:40 am
Image credit: Unsplash
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines has announced the reinstatement of its codeshare arrangement with American Airlines made in December, to proliferate connectivity and travel destinations across North America and Europe.
This strategic partnership would allow SriLankan Airlines’ codes placement on American Airlines’ flights to Miami and New York via the airline’s European points in London and Paris; Dallas-Fort Worth via the airline’s hubs in Paris and Frankfurt; and Los Angeles and Chicago via its London point, said the airlines official press release
Of these US cities, Dallas-Fort Worth is a new addition to the SriLankan Airlines’ route network.
Richard Nuttall, Acting CEO/Chief Commercial Officer for SriLankan Airlines, said: “Our codeshare partnership with American Airlines will introduce multiple new sectors and flight options to our growing network and allow our customers the option of convenient connections to several cities in North America via London, Paris or Frankfurt.”
Codeshare agreements with Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways afforded with flight options to the rest of the cities via Doha and Abu Dhabi.
SriLankan Airlines now has flights to the listed US cities via Europe across the airline’s sales channels.
The Sri Lankan flag carrier airline recently resumed flights to Paris and Frankfurt in commensurate with its commercial strategy to renew its presence in European markets.
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.