NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Jan 2022, 06:40 am
Image credit: Unsplash
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines has announced the reinstatement of its codeshare arrangement with American Airlines made in December, to proliferate connectivity and travel destinations across North America and Europe.
This strategic partnership would allow SriLankan Airlines’ codes placement on American Airlines’ flights to Miami and New York via the airline’s European points in London and Paris; Dallas-Fort Worth via the airline’s hubs in Paris and Frankfurt; and Los Angeles and Chicago via its London point, said the airlines official press release
Of these US cities, Dallas-Fort Worth is a new addition to the SriLankan Airlines’ route network.
Richard Nuttall, Acting CEO/Chief Commercial Officer for SriLankan Airlines, said: “Our codeshare partnership with American Airlines will introduce multiple new sectors and flight options to our growing network and allow our customers the option of convenient connections to several cities in North America via London, Paris or Frankfurt.”
Codeshare agreements with Qatar Airways and Etihad Airways afforded with flight options to the rest of the cities via Doha and Abu Dhabi.
SriLankan Airlines now has flights to the listed US cities via Europe across the airline’s sales channels.
The Sri Lankan flag carrier airline recently resumed flights to Paris and Frankfurt in commensurate with its commercial strategy to renew its presence in European markets.
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
- SpiceJet announces daily non-stop flights between Jabalpur and Kolkata
- Flydubai suspends flights to Colombo amid economical and political upheaval
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala backed Akasa Air introduces employee-centric cabin crew look
- SriLankan Airlines denies media reports on reducing Tiruchirappalli flights
- Indian hotel rooms aggregator OYO announces a free stay after 5 night stays
- Singapore Airlines offers discounts to woo Indian families to holiday in Singapore this summer
- Year-old Breeze Airways in USA will fly cross-country from Westchester to serve suburban travellers
- IndiGo announces resumption of international flights on more than 150 routes
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.
Mumbai: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala promoted budget carrier Akasa Air is all set to hit the skies with its maiden commercial flight on August 7, starting with Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Kochi with two Boeing 737 Max aircraft, the company announced Friday.
Indian airline SpiceJet has announced the launch of new daily flights connecting Jabalpur with Kolkata starting Jul 22.