NITN | @notintownlive | 18 May 2023, 02:35 pm
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
The inaugural flight will depart from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata at 1755hrs for Guwahati.
Starting May 18 May, Akasa Air will operate daily non-stop flights connecting Kolkata with Bengaluru and Guwahati.
These new routes will also offer Akasa Air customers the option to travel seamlessly from Bengaluru to Guwahati via Kolkata with no change of aircraft.
Kolkata is Akasa Air’s second destination in the state of West Bengal after Bagdogra.
The launch of operations from the city will help inter-state connectivity.
Commenting on the announcement, Praveen Iyer, Co-Founder and Chief Commercial Officer, Akasa Air, said, “We are delighted to launch operations from Kolkata, our second destination in the state of West Bengal. As a prominent commercial and cultural hub, the city attracts travellers from all walks of life and is also a gateway to several leisure destinations in the region. The launch of flights from the city to Bengaluru and Guwahati will further ease travel to the Eastern belt of the country, strengthening the nation’s overall air connectivity. We hope that travellers will appreciate the option of flying India’s most dependable and affordable airline on these routes.”
Belson Coutinho, Co-Founder and Chief Marketing & Experience Officer, Akasa Air, said, “We are pleased to bring the Akasa experience to Kolkata. Akasa Air is committed to offering a distinguished flying experience to its customers for which the airline has introduced multiple industry-first, customer-friendly products, and services such as Café Akasa, and Pets on Akasa. As we rapidly expand our network, we look forward to hosting an increasing number of travellers and providing them with a memorable journey onboard.”
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
- Vistara launches non-stop Mumbai-London flights, offering unmatched travel experience and connectivity
- IndiGo scales up international operations, lines up 174 weekly flights
- Air New Zealand implements passenger weight survey on international flights from Auckland
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.