NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Jun 2020
New Delhi/ Bengaluru/NITN: In the best of times, fresh diploma holders, college and polytechnic graduates and even newly minted engineers have struggled to find jobs.
For blue collar workers – mechanics, welders, carpenters, plumbers or electricians – too getting steady employment has been challenging. During the pandemic job opportunities have reduced considerably, increasing the difficulties.
A big part of the challenge has been that candidates have not really been able to showcase their skills and abilities on the country’s employment exchanges. However, the recently launched National Career Service (NCS) portal, a tech-based initiative by India’s Ministry of Labour and Employment to connect job seekers with job opportunities offers a chance for candidates to stand out from the crowd.
The portal offers candidates an option of embedding three 20 second videos in their resumes literally speaking to the hiring manager about their skills, abilities and experience. For the hiring manager sifting through millions of CVs, these videos are an easy way to find out candidates with sharp communication skills, attitude and technical prowess.
The video capture feature in the NCS portal has been enabled by Bengaluru based HireMee, an AI based digital assessment platform that has been connecting graduating students and employers since 2017.
The video profile option lets an applicant record videos using her mobile phone. The three segments it takes allow an applicant to speak out loud and explain her areas of interest, education background and elaborate on skills.
Hiermee’s simple video capture platform is open to all NCS registered candidates. Currently the NCS portal has over 10 million users who can trawl the site for job opportunities in both private and public sector as well as hone their skills through training modules available on the portal.
The seamlessly integrated HireMee video platform can upload recordings and be improved many times till the candidate is happy with the presentation. The video posting feature comes at no cost to the candidate and is posted after review by the HireMee content team. The video feature, one of the key digital enablement efforts of HireMee, enhances an applicant’s chances of selection while saving both time and effort.
In addition, HireMee will be posting on the NCS portal all the job opportunities that it gets from its over 2,500 corporate clients.
- Power Publishers brings illustration services: Comic Book, Film Storyboard, Cover Design, Children’s Book Illustrations and more
- A son talks about his father’s dedication to creative works despite the latter’s transferable job
- Poet and author Hara Narayan Dhar’s son talks about his father’s literary works
- Author interview: Srimati Ray talks about her book of poems 'On the Wings of Time'
- Author interview: Vikramraj Parthasarthy talks about his book Legacy of the Legends
- Book review: This book of poems by Srimati Ray is a lyrical transformation of thoughts into words
- Book review: Punarbhava is an action-based fantasy thriller by Dr Ashutosh Jain
- Shree Cement among India’s Top 100 Best Places To Work, Best in Cement & Building Materials for 2020
- Very perception of wedding will change in post-Covid era: Author Amita Sahaya
- Online shopping temporary, people will revisit stores: Starmark CEO Gautam Jatia
New Delhi/NITN: The Indian government on Friday extended the suspension of all international passenger flights till Jul 15 in a bid to curb the spread of the pandemic Covid-19.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is partnering with Austrian-based healthcare technology company Medicus AI to launch a Covid-19 risk-assessment tool that will empower guests to make informed decisions about travelling.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo has operated four special international charter flights from Qatar to repatriate 751 Indian citizens.