NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Apr 2022, 11:19 am
Bengaluru: Companies from Software, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Textiles and Infrastructure sector emerged as the top recruiters during the 2021-22 campus placement season at Sona College of Technology, Salem.
In the ongoing placement season 656 students, out of the 772 who opted for placement, have got job offers. Several have got multiple job offers.
The Electronics & Communication Engineering; Electrical & Electronics Engineering; BTech IT and Computer Science & Engineering stream were offered an average salary of Rs. 5 lakh per annum. Those from Mechanical, Civil, Fashion Technology, Mechatronics stream and MCA received average offers of Rs 4 lakh per annum.
IT and Software sector firms remained the top employers, with companies like Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, HCL Technologies, Infosys, TCS and Wipro hiring Sona students in high double digits.
Even non-IT sector firms preferred to hire those with a knowledge of software and digital tools from the mechatronics, mechanical, civil, and fashion technology pool which had openings for their Digital Engineering vertical.
“Nature of jobs in terms of skills and knowledge requirements is changing significantly as even candidates from Mechanical, Civil and Electrical engineering disciplines are expected to have knowledge of digital and software tools and development skills,” says Dr SRR Senthilkumar, Principal, Sona College of Technology.
Ever since Sona College converted the 8th semester into a compulsory internship, a noticeable trend has been that a vast majority of candidates received job offers during or soon after their internship. Almost half the job offers were bagged by women candidates as companies were focused on enhancing gender diversity. Students with knowledge of Japanese language too were in demand.
Students with knowledge and skills in SAP, Sales Force, Service Now, PLM, AWS, Full Stack Development, AI and ML, Cyber Security, Data Science & Engineering, Cloud Computing and Block Chain had an added advantage in the ongoing placement season in which nearly 200 companies conducted interviews in a virtual mode.
After IT and Software services, Financial Services (PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, EY, FIS global and HDFC), Manufacturing (Robert Bosch, Ashok Leyland, Grundfos, Danfoss, TVS group, Hero, Uno Minda, Ola and Royal Enfield), Utilities (Adani, JSW, Schneider, Ather Energy) and Electronics sector (Samsung, Tata Electronics, Hitachi, Bosch and Harman International) emerged as the next attractive sector.
Within the textiles sector, Aditya Birla Clothing, Shahi Exports, Jockey International, Decathlon, Gokaldas Exports were the top employers. L&T, Adani, Ramco group, JSW and URC construction were the key recruiters in the construction and infrastructure sector.
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation celebrates women achiever Priti Rathi Gupta in UK
- Thiagarajar Polytechnic College celebrates its 64th Annual Day with over 1500 students
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation revs up literary and cultural cachet with UK collaborations
- Eastern Railway sensitises people on International Level Crossings Awareness Day
- Excessive concretization has caused uprooting of trees in Delhi: WWF Official
- Illustrations can advance the story as well as the text for children who can't read: Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan
- Catholic nun among women achievers honoured at Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav North East Festival 2022
- Little magazines in Instagram era, a tete-a-tete with independent writer Subhankar Das
- Sona College’s Fashion Technology team earns patent for sewing machine for people with special needs
- My mother felt it was criminal to not live up to our full potential: Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan
New Delhi: Hospitality technology platform OYO has announced that its customers will be eligible for a free stay after every 5 night stays in an initiative to boost travel in post-pandemic India.
With international travel having resumed from India and with summer holidays just round the corner, Singapore Airlines, in collaboration with Singapore Tourism Board, is offering a special family promotion on summer travel to Singapore.
Westchester: American startup airline Breeze Airways announced plans to add cross country flights from Westchester Airport to capture the suburban travel market.