NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Feb 2018, 06:34 am
Kolkata, Feb 1 (NITN): West Bengal State Budget 2018 was an exercise in welfare economics with stress on empowering rural Bengal was the opinion shared by the key members of Kolkata-based The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
The Bengal Chamber congratulated West Bengal Finance Minister for presenting a pro-people Budget with special focus on development of the rural population.
According to Bengal Chamber, the Budget has, among other things, focused on boosting the traditional industries of the state such as Tea apart from promoting affordable housing along with introducing social sector schemes.
West Bengal government tabled the state budget on Thursday, a day ahead of the presentation of the Union Budget 2018.
- Sona Group’s CSR efforts to benefit differently-abled women
- Now, startup HireMee’s assessment services on National Career Service portal
- Robotic Surgery in India is growing and increasing the application footprint: Vattikuti Foundation CEO Mahendra Bhandari
- Karnataka skilling, digital economy bodies partner HireMee for assessment, skill-building
- Madhya Pradesh government partners with SaaS-based assessment platform HireMee
- Vattikuti Foundation Robotic Surgery Fellowships to grow pool of accomplished surgeons
- Critical motor for ISRO’s Chandrayaan-3 moonshot by Sona College of Technology researchers
- Thiagarajar Polytechnic College celebrates 66th Freshers’ Day
- Sona College creates an app for migrant workers’ safety
- Salem College faculty tops NPTEL learning outcomes nationally
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.