NITN | @notintownlive | 23 Mar 2020
Tehran/UNI: Iran on Monday confirmed 127 fresh deaths in the past 24 hours, taking the toll to 1812 due to the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus, a senior official said.
According to Health Ministry official Kianoush Jahanpour, 1,411 new affected cases have been detected since Sunday.
Over 36 million people have been screened with regards to the COVID-19 infection, a report published in IRNA quoted Jahanpour as saying.
Iran is among the worst-hit countries, which are reeling under the wrath of the deadly virus. COVID-19 has so far claimed around 15,000 lives worldwide and infected around 3.5 lakh people globally. However, close to one lakh people have received treatment and are completely cured.
(Image Credit: Unsplash)
- Thailand's Phuket on lockdown until April 30 to curb COVID-19 spread: Reports
- Spain's health emergency chief tests positive for Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Bangladesh reports one more Coronavirus infection case in past 24 hours
- Bangladesh reports no COVID 19 case in 24 hours
- Thailand reports 109 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Total COVID-19 cases in India jump to 959 on fourth day of nationwide lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll in Indonesia hits 58
- Over 21,000 medical staff members leave Hubei as epidemic wanes
- India registers 12th COVID 19 death
- Maintain social distancing, stay at home to fight against COVID 19: PM Modi repeats while interacting with people of Varanasi
New Delhi/UNI: The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) is coordinating with state governments for the supply of medical equipment and related essential items needed for protection against and testing of COVID-19.
New Delhi/NITN: In-line with its commitment to provide support to the nation in the current scenario, IndiGo operated a relief flight from Delhi to Jodhpur on Mar 29, 2020.
New Delhi/NITN: Amid the nationwide lockdown called by the government to stop the spread of COVID-19, airline SpiceJet has offered to fly migrant workers from Delhi and Mumbai to the eastern state of Bihar, media reports said.