NITN | @notintownlive | 23 Mar 2020
Lagos/Xinhua/UNI: Health authorities in Nigeria on Monday said the first COVID-19 death has been recorded in the west African nation.
According to the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC), the victim was a 67-year-old Nigerian male who returned after a medical procedure in Britain.
He had multiple myeloma and diabetes and was undergoing chemotherapy, the NCDC said in a statement.
- Thailand's Phuket on lockdown until April 30 to curb COVID-19 spread: Reports
- Spain's health emergency chief tests positive for Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Bangladesh reports one more Coronavirus infection case in past 24 hours
- Bangladesh reports no COVID 19 case in 24 hours
- Thailand reports 109 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Total COVID-19 cases in India jump to 959 on fourth day of nationwide lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll in Indonesia hits 58
- Over 21,000 medical staff members leave Hubei as epidemic wanes
- India registers 12th COVID 19 death
- Maintain social distancing, stay at home to fight against COVID 19: PM Modi repeats while interacting with people of Varanasi
New Delhi/UNI: The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) is coordinating with state governments for the supply of medical equipment and related essential items needed for protection against and testing of COVID-19.
New Delhi/NITN: In-line with its commitment to provide support to the nation in the current scenario, IndiGo operated a relief flight from Delhi to Jodhpur on Mar 29, 2020.
New Delhi/NITN: Amid the nationwide lockdown called by the government to stop the spread of COVID-19, airline SpiceJet has offered to fly migrant workers from Delhi and Mumbai to the eastern state of Bihar, media reports said.