NITN | @notintownlive | 22 Dec 2020, 03:42 am
Rovaniemi (Finland): Viewers in the United Kingdom enjoyed the marvellous magic of a Finnish winter thanks to ITV’s Gordon, Gino and Fred: Desperately Seeking Santa episode.
On their Christmas adventure, Gordon Ramsay, Gino D’Acampo and Fred Sirieix travelled in their RV on an adventure across Finnish Lapland visiting Levi, Luosto and Rovaniemi – the official hometown of Santa Claus.
In addition to sampling traditional Finnish, they tried their hands at the best of Finnish winter activities from ice swimming at the Arctic Sauna World to tree hugging at HaliPuu Forest, and reindeer herding at Jaakkola Reindeer Farm.
In Rovaniemi, they helped the Elves sort through letters to Santa from children across the world and of course meeting Santa himself at the Santa Claus Office.
Paavo Virkkunen, Executive Director, Visit Finland, said, “In a year when leisure travel has been restricted, we are delighted that Gordon, Gino and Fred have been able to bring a touch festive cheer from Finnish Lapland to UK viewers. We were pleased to see them enjoy delicious locally sourced food, beautiful winter landscapes and of course the Finnish specialty – a sauna!”
The Executive Director said, “We look forward to welcoming back travellers from the UK in 2021 so they too can visit Santa in his home in Finland.”
Visit Finland worked closely with Visit Rovaniemi and Visit Levi to support the Studio Ramsay production.
- Himachal Pradesh: India's first indoor Ski Park to be developed at Kufri
- Jammu and Kashmir: Tourism department to provide free accommodation to stranded tourists
- Jammu and Kashmir: Ski lovers throng Gulmarg on year's first snowfall
- Hong Kong New Year Countdown celebration goes online
- Welcomhotel Shimla: Your window to the Himalayan splendor of Mashobra
- ITC Royal Bengal & ITC Sonar celebrate Yuletide with Vocal for Local Christmas Trees
- Desperately Seeking Santa show travels to Lapland for Christmas
- Discovery Channel is back with Season 2 of ‘Feelin Alive’ featuring Amol Parashar, Cyrus Sahukar
- J&K: Gulmarg hotels sold out as tourists return to Valley
- Eating out in Kolkata: Seven choices for Christmas and New Year
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.