NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Jan 2021, 08:46 am
Shimla/UNI: Himachal Pradesh is going to add another feature in its colourful cap, as the country's first indoor Ski Park will come up at Kufri, near here.
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the state government and the Nagson Developers, in presence of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Wednesday.
The Chief Minister assured the promoter of the project that the government would extend all possible support in developing the country's first indoor Ski Park in Himachal Pradesh.
He said the state was really serious in making Himachal Pradesh one of the best tourist destinations across India and would go to any extent in making Himachal Pradesh more tourist-friendly by providing them with world- class amenities.
Mr Thakur said the Project would boost tourism and adventure sports round-the-year in Kufri area and also generate economic activities in Shimla and adjoining area, besides increasing the stay of tourists.
He said the project would also generate employment avenues for about 1000 persons.
The total cost of the project coming up at 5.04 acres in Kufri is Rs 250 crore, including indoor ski park, palatial mall, five-star hotel, amusement park, gaming zone and food court, shopping arcade and other
amenities and would have a parking facility for more than 1000 vehicles.
Promoter of the mega project and owner of Nagsons Developers, Nishant Nag said the project was designed by the Infinity Design Studio Mumbai and would be executed by Unlimited Snow, Netherlands, makers of Ski Dubai and Ski Egypt. The project is expected to start in March, 2021 and would become functional by April, 2022.
Principal Secretary Onkar Chand Sharma and Director of Tourism Yunus were also present on the occasion.
- Himachal Pradesh: India's first indoor Ski Park to be developed at Kufri
- Jammu and Kashmir: Tourism department to provide free accommodation to stranded tourists
- Jammu and Kashmir: Ski lovers throng Gulmarg on year's first snowfall
- Hong Kong New Year Countdown celebration goes online
- Welcomhotel Shimla: Your window to the Himalayan splendor of Mashobra
- ITC Royal Bengal & ITC Sonar celebrate Yuletide with Vocal for Local Christmas Trees
- Desperately Seeking Santa show travels to Lapland for Christmas
- Discovery Channel is back with Season 2 of ‘Feelin Alive’ featuring Amol Parashar, Cyrus Sahukar
- J&K: Gulmarg hotels sold out as tourists return to Valley
- Eating out in Kolkata: Seven choices for Christmas and New Year
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.